XBox 360 or PS3? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

XBox 360 or PS3?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: XBox 360 or PS3?

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:40 am

Phatferd wrote:On the link I posted on the first page you will see the 80gb and 60gb PS3s with a bunch of Blu-Rays with check boxes next to everything. Put a check in the PS3 you want then in 3 of the Blu-Rays you would want. There is a link at the top of that page for a mail in rebate for the other 5 movies you can print out.

Once everything is in your cart and you get to the end of the checkout process it will apply the discounts. The standard 3-5 days shipping is free also. If you want to do 2 day it's like an extra $7.

I found this all out on another forum. When I did it it charged me for the PS3 at 499.99 and gave me a refund for all the Blu-Rays at the end of the checkout to bring my total to 499.99. I went ahead and placed the order because it was still a great deal. I then called customer service told them that my friend bought it and paid 476.02 (I was mistaken with the actual price because it was 472.02, but I don't care about $4). I said I would be glad to email them the screenshot of his order (I have a link somewhere of the guys posting it) and she said she would credit my account the difference and they did, just like that. After shipping and everything I paid 476.02.

Here is the screenshot of an order placed using this offer. I got this from another forum.
http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=51677&d=1188276087

Thanks, Phat, I appreciate the post. Unfortunately that link comes up with a 403 Forbidden page...this is still a great deal, and I'm strongly considering it.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:16 pm

yeah it has spiked my interest now too.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tuff_gong » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:51 pm

A game that comes out for both systems that looks really sweet is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The campaign looks awesome and the multiplayer reminds me of an updated counter-strike on steroids.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brewcrew4you » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:20 pm

tuff_gong wrote:A game that comes out for both systems that looks really sweet is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The campaign looks awesome and the multiplayer reminds me of an updated counter-strike on steroids.

The Beta is ;-D
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:19 pm

article on a game developers perspective of the PS3 vs 360 debate:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

from what i've heard the fact that the 360 has been out a year longer and thus has many developers using it as the main platform is a big deal...it means that most games that are made for both systems will be made for the 360 first and then converted over to the PS3 which in most cases will cause the 360 version to be much better...this is already evident in some games such as madden which plays much much better on the 360 then the PS3
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:10 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:article on a game developers perspective of the PS3 vs 360 debate:

from what i've heard the fact that the 360 has been out a year longer and thus has many developers using it as the main platform is a big deal...it means that most games that are made for both systems will be made for the 360 first and then converted over to the PS3 which in most cases will cause the 360 version to be much better...this is already evident in some games such as madden which plays much much better on the 360 then the PS3

Yeah, but something like that is very time based, I mean they aren't going to be in the dark about the PS3 forever.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:44 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:article on a game developers perspective of the PS3 vs 360 debate:

Yeah, but something like that is very time based, I mean they aren't going to be in the dark about the PS3 forever.

its just that people use the fact that xbox 360 has been out for a year longer as an excuse for why its better...in another year, the 360 will still have been out for a year longer, the PS3 isnt just going to magically catch up in time...the 360 got a big head start which the PS3 just isnt going to be able to make up, its not that the developers are 'in the dark' about the PS3, its just that since the 360 came out a year sooner the developers had a head start on the 360 and thus many use it as their primary system for development...if this is the case then the 360 will almost always have the superior version of a game as it is difficult to move a game from one console to another without causing flaws in graphics, gameplay or controls...games for the 360 will just always have that extra year of development over the PS3
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:

its just that people use the fact that xbox 360 has been out for a year longer as an excuse for why its better...in another year, the 360 will still have been out for a year longer, the PS3 isnt just going to magically catch up in time...the 360 got a big head start which the PS3 just isnt going to be able to make up, its not that the developers are 'in the dark' about the PS3, its just that since the 360 came out a year sooner the developers had a head start on the 360 and thus many use it as their primary system for development...if this is the case then the 360 will almost always have the superior version of a game as it is difficult to move a game from one console to another without causing flaws in graphics, gameplay or controls...games for the 360 will just always have that extra year of development over the PS3

Xbox sales are waning while PS3 sales are increasing. I still think PS3 will flop but it will be a close race between the two.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk