XBox 360 or PS3? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

XBox 360 or PS3?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: XBox 360 or PS3?

Postby Laean » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:11 pm

i don't understand fanboys. what's the point?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pdlata » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:10 pm

I would for sure go PS3. It' has better hardware and in the longrun I think that it will be the better system. Of course the Wii is easily the best. Super Smash Bros Brawl is going to be so cool! ;-D
pdlata
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:10 am

I just got Metroid and it's awesome and I highly recommend the Wii. I've been contemplating on getting an xbox but I'm afraid of it breaking down. I played Gears of War yesterday for the first time and honestly, I don't understand all the hype around it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Phatferd wrote:I just got the PS3 last night. I ordered it on Amazon.

I got:
60gb PS3
300 (Blu-Ray)
The Departed (Blu-Ray)
A Scanner Darkly (Blu-Ray)
The Guardian (Blu-Ray)
Blazing Saddles (Blu-Ray)
Stealth (Blu-Ray)
Babel (Blu-Ray)
Species (Blu-Ray)

All of this for a grand total after shipping of $476.04

Here is a link to the deal:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5397262_1/002-2266665-4309663?ie=UTF8&docId=1000125021&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Q2MDDSYJYBXZTVEC76B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=306126501&pf_rd_i=193640011

How did you pull this off? I see the offer, but isn't the PS3 500 bucks by itself?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Phatferd » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:45 pm

pokerplaya wrote:

I got:
60gb PS3
300 (Blu-Ray)
The Departed (Blu-Ray)
The Guardian (Blu-Ray)
Stealth (Blu-Ray)
Babel (Blu-Ray)
Species (Blu-Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5397262_1/002-2266665-4309663?ie=UTF8&docId=1000125021&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Q2MDDSYJYBXZTVEC76B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=306126501&pf_rd_i=193640011

How did you pull this off? I see the offer, but isn't the PS3 500 bucks by itself?

After you put it in your cart and checkout it applies a promotional offer. Everyone online (where I found out about the deal) was getting it for 472.04 and mine came up at 499.99. I called Amazon customer service and told them about it and they credited me the difference.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Phatferd wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

I got:
60gb PS3
300 (Blu-Ray)
The Departed (Blu-Ray)
The Guardian (Blu-Ray)
Stealth (Blu-Ray)
Babel (Blu-Ray)
Species (Blu-Ray)

After you put it in your cart and checkout it applies a promotional offer. Everyone online (where I found out about the deal) was getting it for 472.04 and mine came up at 499.99. I called Amazon customer service and told them about it and they credited me the difference.

So no shipping costs/tax? This seems like a pretty sweet deal, and getting 8 Blu-Ray DVD's is the icing on the cake. I may have to do this as well..
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:33 am

pokerplaya wrote:So no shipping costs/tax? This seems like a pretty sweet deal, and getting 8 Blu-Ray DVD's is the icing on the cake. I may have to do this as well..

well if you're buying it for blu-ray movies i guess it makes some sense, just dont plan on playing any good videogames on the system anytime soon...if HD-DVDs end up winning out of blu-ray, the system becomes pretty much useless
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Phatferd » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:14 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:So no shipping costs/tax? This seems like a pretty sweet deal, and getting 8 Blu-Ray DVD's is the icing on the cake. I may have to do this as well..

well if you're buying it for blu-ray movies i guess it makes some sense, just dont plan on playing any good videogames on the system anytime soon...if HD-DVDs end up winning out of blu-ray, the system becomes pretty much useless

That's an ignorant comment. First of all every system has their share of solid games, it's really relative. Xbox has a better lineup right now because it's been out a year longer. PS3 will have their share of games to compete and more than likely surpass XBOX due to the fact that it will be able to hold twice the data on a disc. It is well known that the Blu-Ray has twice the storage capacity. Once developers learn how to program for them it will be hard to beat.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:06 am

Phatferd wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

That's an ignorant comment. First of all every system has their share of solid games, it's really relative. Xbox has a better lineup right now because it's been out a year longer. PS3 will have their share of games to compete and more than likely surpass XBOX due to the fact that it will be able to hold twice the data on a disc. It is well known that the Blu-Ray has twice the storage capacity. Once developers learn how to program for them it will be hard to beat.

The PS and PS2 both started very slowly. Then they became two of the most succesful systems ever. As far as the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD argument, I have no idea who will win, but it seemed like a few months ago it would be Blu-Ray. If that has changed, (which it may very well have, I have no idea) the point is it can change back.

In any event, how did this work with the shipping/tax Phat? I still don't understand how you got it all for 476...please advise, thanks.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Phatferd » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:34 am

On the link I posted on the first page you will see the 80gb and 60gb PS3s with a bunch of Blu-Rays with check boxes next to everything. Put a check in the PS3 you want then in 3 of the Blu-Rays you would want. There is a link at the top of that page for a mail in rebate for the other 5 movies you can print out.

Once everything is in your cart and you get to the end of the checkout process it will apply the discounts. The standard 3-5 days shipping is free also. If you want to do 2 day it's like an extra $7.

I found this all out on another forum. When I did it it charged me for the PS3 at 499.99 and gave me a refund for all the Blu-Rays at the end of the checkout to bring my total to 499.99. I went ahead and placed the order because it was still a great deal. I then called customer service told them that my friend bought it and paid 476.02 (I was mistaken with the actual price because it was 472.02, but I don't care about $4). I said I would be glad to email them the screenshot of his order (I have a link somewhere of the guys posting it) and she said she would credit my account the difference and they did, just like that. After shipping and everything I paid 476.02.

Here is the screenshot of an order placed using this offer. I got this from another forum.
http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=51677&d=1188276087
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk