XBox 360 or PS3? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

XBox 360 or PS3?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

XBox 360 or PS3?

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:01 pm

I recently got some cash for my birthday, and am deciding between the 360 and the PS3. After the recent price drops, I feel that now is a good time to buy. I am choosing between the $500 PS5 and the $350 360. The $150 price difference is a factor, but also are the many dead systems I have heard about from the XBox side of the road.

As far as my gaming goes, I am a big big sports guy: Madden, NCAA Football, etc... I play the occasional FPS and like to play multiplayer deathmatches and the like. If I got a 360, I'd get Halo 3. One game I'm really looking forward to is Assasins Creed. I am not a die hard gamer, but I play a good amount.

So, to all you gamers, which system do you prefer? Which did you choose and why?

Thanks a lot.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: XBox 360 or PS3?

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 pm

Blu-Ray
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:58 pm

well you shouldnt let the xbox thing worry you because i know microsoft has the warranty where you can send it back and they fix it for you. sure its a pain, but nice support nonetheless. i dont have either yet, so thats my only tidbit to you.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby brewcrew4you » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:31 pm

Go 360.

Halo 3, plus GTA4 is now not exclusively on PS3. Plus, I prefer XBOX Live to the PS3 system...
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:29 pm

360. It's better and cheaper, and will support Halo 3, which would comprise about 100% of the decision for me. My roommate's 360 just crapped on him yesterday actually, but it is under warranty as Microsoft has been extending those all recently.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:03 pm

IDK, I bought an original XBOX and two years later it comepletely crapped out. I bought another one before I went to college, and its been three years and it crapped out again.... All after the warrenty expired.

Anyone have these problems with nintendo/sony systems?
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:08 pm

My 360 just broke. 6 months. But they are fixing it for free, and from what I've heard, I'll have it back in a few weeks.

I've played both, they both seem similar. If the Blu-Ray is an important factor, I'd go PS3. If not, go with the cheaper 360.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:54 pm

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..............

But if it's between the two and you have a wide screen HDTV at least 32" then it's no contest; 360. There's absolutely no advantage to the PS3 other than you'll pay more for it. X-Box and Wii are dominating PS3 and even if it's for the Blu-Ray... don't bother. 360 has an HD DVD module you can buy, but if Blu Ray wins, then they'll just come out with a BR module. If BluRay loses, then you're PS3 can play like 8 movies.

Seriously, it's no contest. Apparently Gears of War is the coolest game ever. And I don't think there's much out there exclusive to the PS3 that's any better than something you can get on the 360.

No contest. Tell Sony to shove it with their $600 bore-fest.

Note: Friend of mine had one of the defective 360's that broke; MS sent him a brand new one free. They didn't fix it or send him a refurbished. He got a brand new, in the box, manufactured 2 weeks ago 360 after the one he got at Christmas broke.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:59 pm

I got a 360 a while back and after about a month I got the "red ring of death." Stoopid machine...I need to send it in still but I'm lazy. It's just been sitting in my stereo cabinet for like 4 or 5 months. :-b

Yeah that prolly didn't help much. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:18 pm

getting a brand new one is very very unlikely. you usually get someone else's refurbished machine and not even your own back.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to General Talk