Big Papi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Big Papi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Papi

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 am

Anyone know if he's supposed to play tonight?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Papi

Postby chalk61 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:49 pm

This is from yesterday's Boston Globe:

Gordon Edes, Globe Staff wrote:ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Before the Red Sox lost, 10-4, to the Angels Tuesday night, David Ortiz was unusually subdued.

"I'm getting old," he said.

Asked what hurt, he said, "Everything."

Yesterday, it became clear that it's not just Ortiz's right knee that's bothering him, but also his left shoulder, the one he hurt with a headfirst slide into second base July 20 against the White Sox, which manager Terry Francona likened to an earthquake at the time.

Ortiz came out of that game and underwent an MRI, which according to the club showed a strain.

But last night, Ortiz was not in the starting lineup, and he said the shoulder is bothering him again.

"Nothing big," he said. "Just some inflammation. I think when I fly, the change in air pressure affects it."

Ortiz did not get the ball out of the infield in four at-bats Tuesday, and was hitless in eight at-bats in the first two games of this series.

Ortiz will have the benefit of the off day today, and said he hopes to be back in the lineup when the Sox open a three-game series in Baltimore tomorrow night.

"I hate going through this stuff," said Ortiz, who is batting .297 with one home run and four RBIs in seven games in August. "I just like to come to the park and say, 'Let's go.' But I'll be all right."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/08/09/left_shoulder_puts_ortiz_on_the_shelf?mode=PF
chalk61
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates