LINCECUM - any more news on him getting shut down???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

LINCECUM - any more news on him getting shut down????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LINCECUM - any more news on him getting shut down????

Postby Guzman24 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Trading deadline is fast approaching and Im contemplating trading him for a bat. Any more news on whether the Giants will shut him down?
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LINCECUM - any more news on him getting shut down????

Postby chargerss24 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:30 am

Dude, trade him for a bat if you need it. Don't worry about if they're shutting him down early or not.
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby jtbarr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:01 pm

chargerss24 wrote:Dude, trade him for a bat if you need it. Don't worry about if they're shutting him down early or not.

Well, I think it's a legit question whether to worry if they're shutting him down or not, certainly if you're a Lince owner heading to the playoffs and they suddenly shut him down, your allowed to WORRY!

I own him and I want to know whether I should get value for him now or expect him to be there when I need him. Anyone know?
jtbarr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guzman24 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:17 pm

jtbarr wrote:
chargerss24 wrote:Dude, trade him for a bat if you need it. Don't worry about if they're shutting him down early or not.

Well, I think it's a legit question whether to worry if they're shutting him down or not, certainly if you're a Lince owner heading to the playoffs and they suddenly shut him down, your allowed to WORRY!

I own him and I want to know whether I should get value for him now or expect him to be there when I need him. Anyone know?

EXACTLY.....Im in first place in my league this year and my pitching staff with Lincecum has a lot to do with it.

He makes an excellent keeper but I'd prefer to trade him before the deadline if he's not going to be there in the playoffs when I need him
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BigZ38 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:47 pm

I echo these statements. However in the keeper league I am in, there is no trade deadline, so I suppose if he gets shutdown I can unload him. I was going to trade him in a package deal after the season and just upgrade one of my keepers.
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gatorgreenwell » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Here is your answer:

Tim Lincecum is projecting to throw around 197 innings, about 16% of which would have been in the minors. He threw 157 innings in 2006, and none higher than A ball. The Giants talked about skipping him when he was going poorly, but they never did. Manager Bruce Bochy recently had some wince-inducing comments regarding Lincecum's innings count:

"We'll see where we're at in September, but right now, we don't have any plans to monitor him or hold him back. We're going to let this kid go."
http://www.rotoauthority.com/
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ShawshankVA » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:45 pm

im beginning to get concerned about early shutdown as well for Lince. i also own Gallardo...and once our playoffs start (week 23), our rosters LOCKDOWN and only moves allowed are drops of season ending injuries...

our rosters are small as is (only 2 SP starting spots & 4 total bench...but we need 17 IP per week, so usually roll with just 4 SPs total, leaving just 2 bench spots for bats)....SO, with the chance that both Lince & Gallardo could get shutdown during our playoffs when our rosters are LOCKED...i could really get screwed! but with how well both players are doing (besides Coors blip for Yo), no way can i drop them...BUT

if any info on whether Lince or Yo is gonna be shutdown early = maybe i could make a trade before our Aug 18 deadline.

MORE POWER TO THIS THREAD TITLE...THIS TYPE INFO NEEDS BE SHARED
ShawshankVA
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates