I hope Bonderman trips and breaks a LEG !!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

I hope Bonderman trips and breaks a LEG !!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I hope Bonderman trips and breaks a LEG !!!!!!!!!

Postby Crystalstorm » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:56 pm

He has SUCKED the last few starts,and is destroying my team !!!!!! I'll start McGowen and Baker before him.

Is his arm tired ????? Too many pitches the last couple of years and then they SUCK.Pitchers are pussies,compared to the pitchers of the past.
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I hope Bonderman trips and breaks a LEG !!!!!!!!!

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:34 pm

Why did you start him? Hadn't you already been hit over the head enough times? If I had the displeasure of owning him, my trust factor in him would be nil after his last few starts. No trust = no automatic start. And if you're especially incomptetent - as he has been - you don't start him no matter how good the matchup looks. This "is" major league baseball, where you're going to get rocked if you don't have the right stuff, regardless of what your name is.

By the way - obviously you'd start McGowan over him. McGowan is a better pitcher right now. True, McGowan's latest hot streak is against iffy competition, but what do you call TB? At least McG's getting it done against the teams he's supposed to be getting it done against.....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Noggy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:48 pm

I hope you trip and break both your arms so you can't make topics like this for a while.

Pathetic.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chargerss24 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 am

Bonderman is better off on your bench than your DL.

Moron. :-t
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby pasterofmuppets » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:53 am

Wow. Classy post. :-t
pasterofmuppets
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:29 am

Weird wish.

I wish he would start pitching like the ace of the staff. ;-D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 254)

Postby wildbill » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 am

In my opinion Bonderman has always been excessivly overrated, especially by the baseball media. He always seem to get talked about as if he's good enough to be a staff ace. Well his numbers don't even come close to supporting that idea. He's never, NEVER, had a major league season with an ERA under 4, or a WHIP under 1.30. Last year was the first time in his career he posted an ERA under 4.57. He doesn't even have number 1 starter numbers on a below average team. His numbers througout his career look more like #3 or #4 starter numbers. He may be the most overrated "ace" in baseball, which is why I specifically avoid him in drafts. If you were expecting more then what he's given you then you expected way too much.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ryan4980 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:47 am

As much as I'm irritated with Bondo, being from the Detroit area and a Tiger's fan, he just needs to get himself turned around. You figure he is only 24 years old and has been pitching in the big leagues since he was 20. You can note that each year in the league his ERA has dropped, with this year being the exception. It's really easy to forget that just 4 starts ago he had an ERA of 3.69 but giving up at least 5 runs per start for 4 straight starts can do that to your ERA. Another thing is that Bonderman added a changeup to his selection and that is the pitch that has been getting hit hard. I don't think they should have had him use it this year, but they decided to do so. That one can go to Chuck Hernandez the pitching coach. Now historically Bonderman has been much worse in the second half which doesn't bode well for owners, but I can attribute that to too many innings at too young of an age. In my opinion I think that a trip to the DL with a "tired arm" would actually be a good thing. What he really needs to work on is getting out of the first inning unscathed. The Tigers were going to try and change his routine before games to get him in a better mindset for the first inning which could explain why he has gotten rocked his last four times out. I'm not making excuses for the guy, but I say stick with him. Maybe not keep him in the lineup right now, but leave him on your bench. Any guy that can hit 96-97 with the fastball and has the nastiest right handed slider in the AL is definitely worth watching.
ryan4980
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Morel Orel » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:53 pm

Why would you wish a broken leg on anyone that's not an actor :-D

Dick.
My sweet sigs got the boot...
Morel Orel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GregJeffries » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:24 pm

I think it's HILARIOUS how everyone gets so bent out of shape when people post stuff like this...LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE! Most of the time, it's tongue-in-cheek anyway...But then all this stuff about being classy?

This is "Fantasy" Baseball, and people are way more competitive than they are classy...That's what makes it interesting...
:-?
GregJeffries
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates