is this messed up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

is this messed up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is this messed up?

Postby frodacious » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:17 pm

Alright, so the commish said he was gonna collect all the money by May 15th. Apparently, somebody didnt pay and he decides to bench the guys team last week damn near 3 months after he said he was gonna. He told none of us the guy didnt pay until the day he randomly benches his guys. There was plenty of time to bench his guys fairly for all of us. Im in 3rd and me and the 2nd place team have already played this guy with a full roster. Ironically, he hasnt played the guy yet and is gaureenteed AT LEAST a 10-4 if he sets his lineup. We he had a vote, where only half the league voted and it was tied. The team is not in playoff contention so seemingly, this will only affect the standings which has money for 1st thru 3rd

Coincidentally, the commish was in 1st until going on 4 week losing streak when he decided to lock the guys roster. Hes now in 4th

Thoughts? thx for reading
frodacious
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: is this messed up?

Postby talan37 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:20 pm

In a word yes. He should remove the owner, lock the roster with players _in_, and drop him from the playoffs. Those that play him from now on SHOULD NOT get a free win.

Locking him out with his players on the bench will give unfair advantage to those who have to play him the rest of the way, which is bogus unless he retro-actively goes back and awards everyone who played him a win.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby frodacious » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:28 pm

thanks for the response. im debating quitting on principle cause i think he's gonna leave it as is
frodacious
College Coach
College Coach

Postby talan37 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:37 pm

To me its blatant cheating, so if its not a league your invested in, well its your decision.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:40 pm

Completely underhanded and definitely cheating. He has proven that he is not qualified to be a commish.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:34 pm

100% wrong, and almost definitely cheating. If he does not either go back and give everyone who played him a 10-0 win (or whatever the scoring system is) or lock his roster IN place, then I say you should get everyone to quit en masse.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Diamond Miners » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:01 am

talan37 wrote:To me its blatant cheating, so if its not a league your invested in, well its your decision.

agreed
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby frodacious » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:46 pm

thanks guys for the responses. i was thinking the same thing
frodacious
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:57 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Completely underhanded and definitely cheating. He has proven that he is not qualified to be a commish.

100% correct.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Return to Commissioner's Corner