Biggest steals in your drafts this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:54 pm

You people should really think about getting into new leagues
Image
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 574
Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby Whisp » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 pm

6 team casual league (first time playing). everyone had their SS (reyes, jeter, rollins, tejada, and glaus) and i hadn't taken mine yet. i noticed hanley ramirez in round 12 and he had good SB and some HR. i had heard of him before (vaguely), so i tried him out. the rest of the league said he will go through a sophomore slump.

a rod went 6th, meaning everyone had a chance to get him lol
C-MMontero/Iannetta 1B-Hosmer 2B-Kendrick 3B-MiCabrera/Rolen SS-Rollins
CI-IDavis MI-RRoberts OF-Bruce/Crisp/Hunter/Cain/Rios
SP-Sabathia/ClLee/Wainwright/Pineda/Hellickson/JSantana
RP-Putz/Santiago/Rodney/Lidge/Clippard
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 776
Joined: 13 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby XHendrix » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Peavy(round 5)
Putz(round 10)
Papelbon(round 15)
Rios(Round 16)
Beckett( round 17)
FA- Shields, Lincecum, Pence, Braun, Pena.
first Place team.
Image
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 231
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby boston fan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:51 pm

I gotr b.j. upton in the last round
boston fan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 178
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby Whisp » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:09 pm

saito (round 19)
torii hunter (round 18)
chris young (round 16)
sabathia (round 15)
haren (15)
papelbon (14)
putz (14)
morneau (13)
hamels (12)
hanley ramirez (12)
matt holliday (11)
lackey (9)
berkman (5)
peavy (5)
sizemore (4)
crawford (3)
jose reyes (round 2)
arod (round 1 6th pick)

not drafted:
russell martin
prince fielder
erik bedard
magglio ordonez
brandon phillips
bj upton
josh beckett
brad penny
jorge posada
alex rios
tim hudson
jose valverde
etc.
C-MMontero/Iannetta 1B-Hosmer 2B-Kendrick 3B-MiCabrera/Rolen SS-Rollins
CI-IDavis MI-RRoberts OF-Bruce/Crisp/Hunter/Cain/Rios
SP-Sabathia/ClLee/Wainwright/Pineda/Hellickson/JSantana
RP-Putz/Santiago/Rodney/Lidge/Clippard
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 776
Joined: 13 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Whisp wrote:saito (round 19)
torii hunter (round 18)
chris young (round 16)
sabathia (round 15)
haren (15)
papelbon (14)
putz (14)
morneau (13)
hamels (12)
hanley ramirez (12)
matt holliday (11)
lackey (9)
berkman (5)
peavy (5)
sizemore (4)
crawford (3)
jose reyes (round 2)
arod (round 1 6th pick)

not drafted:
russell martin
prince fielder
erik bedard
magglio ordonez
brandon phillips
bj upton
josh beckett
brad penny
jorge posada
alex rios
tim hudson
jose valverde
etc.



Do u play in a 2 team league?
Image
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 574
Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:03 am

raygunpunx wrote:
Whisp wrote:saito (round 19)
torii hunter (round 18)
chris young (round 16)
sabathia (round 15)
haren (15)
papelbon (14)
putz (14)
morneau (13)
hamels (12)
hanley ramirez (12)
matt holliday (11)
lackey (9)
berkman (5)
peavy (5)
sizemore (4)
crawford (3)
jose reyes (round 2)
arod (round 1 6th pick)

not drafted:
russell martin
prince fielder
erik bedard
magglio ordonez
brandon phillips
bj upton
josh beckett
brad penny
jorge posada
alex rios
tim hudson
jose valverde
etc.



Do u play in a 2 team league?


above he stated that it was a 6 team league.
very small indeed.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby RugbyD » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:06 am

12-tm, 24-man rosters

John Maine - #264

::pats self on back:: :-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby nyrblue2 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:39 pm

Whisp wrote:6 team casual league (first time playing). everyone had their SS (reyes, jeter, rollins, tejada, and glaus) and i hadn't taken mine yet. i noticed hanley ramirez in round 12 and he had good SB and some HR. i had heard of him before (vaguely), so i tried him out. the rest of the league said he will go through a sophomore slump.

a rod went 6th, meaning everyone had a chance to get him lol


Glaus went before HanRam???

As this one indicates, it's all about which "pick" a player is taken with, not which "round". I assume most of these posts refer to 12 team leagues, but in a league with 6 teams, taking Sizemore in the 4th actually isn't that ridiculous. Maybe still a little late (17th pick in my league).

Still, even with 6 teams, how on Earth did Reyes go 2nd round? Holliday go 11th? Ramirez go 12th? Morneau go 13th? You're telling me Morneau was considered at least the 78th best player? Can you post the first few rounds of your draft? I'm too curious because this seems insane.
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1510
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest steals in your drafts this year?

Postby itodd » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:00 pm

Brandon Phillips around the 10th round
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 647
Joined: 9 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact