Bonds in Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds in Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds in Yahoo?

Postby chefref22 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:42 pm

i'm in a keeper league on yahoo.we are doing a slow live draft on another site,then inputting the rosters.we voted on when to start drafting and decided to start february 4.we got the first pick done before we stopped because we didn't want to be halfway through the draft only to see bonds isn't in the game and we have to start all over.i know yahoo opens in mid-february,but that still doesn't necessarily mean the day it opens,we'll know exactly whether or not bonds will be in the game.a different site opened up a week and a half ago and we still don't have a definite answer on bonds.

so does anyone have any advice on what my league should do here/what your yahoo keeper league is doing about bonds or even if you might have a definte answer on if he'll be in the game or not??

thanks
chefref22
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:44 pm

no one is 100% sure but espn has "San Francisco LF" and someone posted a response from Yahoo that said they didn't see any reason why Bonds wouldn't be available. I think it's the concensus here that either Bonds or his Stats will be available though.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby kentx12 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:46 pm

I believe if he is not there his stats will be.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fumbler » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:05 am

Weird.

Sportsline has Bonds (name and all) in their player database.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:07 am

The search function is a wonderful thing: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... o&start=45

There's some on there about Bonds and "poison", about what to do in keepers, and even a response from Yahoo!--page four.

Enjoy! ;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:14 am

In Yahoo fantasy football Lavar Arrington was not in the game for the same reason. So I would think that Bonds would not be in Yahoo. One option for you guys is to omit Bonds from your league, nobody can draft him and nobody can pick him up. Who wants that cranky guy anyways.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:27 am

Quik Update ..

today i set up our league site on TQ Stats !!

TQ Stats/ CDM / Rototimes are all under one umbrella and they are one of the biggies in "pay service" fantasy baseball!! BTW

Anyways, after setting up the site I started playing around with some of the cool tools on the site!! They have some great Java windows that make roster management easy. They also have a free trade evaluator (pffft) and a really neet inflation calculator.. oh yeah live stats too .... and it was only 89.00 for the season. Can't beat that. 7.41 per team. thats sweet. I get my veryown personalized watchlist .. to go along with all the cool toys rototimes already provides for free ...
7.41 per team ... WOW ..

oh yeah Barry Lamar Bonds ....
of course now the first thing i do is go to see if his name is there, right? I start poking around, another cool java window and low and behold, for 2004 CDM Baseball Barry Bonds in the game !!!!! Cool, now maybe people will shut up but I doubt it !!! Barry does not have a vendetta against anybody, I promise you that ..

oh and ya wanna know what name he was under ? ? ? ?

Barry Bonds ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:37 am

That is interesting, but in Yahoo football Arrington was in Yahoo at the time of my draft, sometime after the draft Arrington was no longer available in Yahoo. I mean we are talking Yahoo not TQ Stats/Rototimes.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:04 am

Transmogrifier wrote:The search function is a wonderful thing: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... o&start=45

There's some on there about Bonds and "poison", about what to do in keepers, and even a response from Yahoo!--page four.

Enjoy! ;-D

Great link..Thanks alot ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:49 am

I agree with wrveres that there's reason to be optimistic, but I wouldn't put the issue to bed quite yet (and no, I'm not insinuating any vendettas here :-) ). The Arrington business does provide a precedent where a player was pulled after initially being included.

I did notice that Bonds was notably absent from the recently released Upper Deck Vintage card set, though (a large release that includes everyone down to Bo Hart and Brooks Kieschnick), as well as the upcoming Fleer Platinum set. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about Bonds' inclusion in fantasy ball from that, though.

I honestly have no idea what I'd do in a keeper draft, other than push the draft date back as far as possible. You could also simply make sure every owner is aware of the situation, and let them draft at their own risk, but this might lead to someone picking up a huge bargain if many owners pass on Bonds.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers