Post your Science Conspiracy Theory Videos Here - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Post your Science Conspiracy Theory Videos Here

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Post your Science Conspiracy Theory Videos Here

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:35 am

I love debates, and have changed my opinion various times after debates. So while I don't have much to do this break time. Might as well spend a little time with conspiracy videos. There has been favorites in the past, Kennedy, Moon Landing, hell, I saw one about Kurt Cobain being murdered by Courney Love.

Here's one I find interesting, I just saw this but I'll do some more research on it tomorrow. I do fail to imagine the earth growing and more than double its original size, but conspiracy theory, as always, presents a good case(on surface anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e ... ve_sharing

feel feel to reply with other good ones. And let's keep it civil. We cannot all agree on everything, but we can all agree we love baseball!
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Post your Science Conspiracy Theory Videos Here

Postby theclefe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:10 am

Makes sense. Never really did much research on the subject, beyond early earth science classes in school, but it seems more believable than the plates/pangea theory.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pdlata » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:11 am

My favorite conspiracy theory of all time is the "Paul is Dead" rumor. (Paul being Paul McCartney from The Beatles.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6nUwCg ... ed&search=

This guy runs it down pretty well. For people who are interested I'd definitely recommend a series on youtube called the "Rotten Apple". For any Beatles fans, or music fans, it's a pretty interesting conspiracy.
pdlata
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JTWood » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:03 am

pdlata wrote:My favorite conspiracy theory of all time is the "Paul is Dead" rumor. (Paul being Paul McCartney from The Beatles.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6nUwCg ... ed&search=

This guy runs it down pretty well. For people who are interested I'd definitely recommend a series on youtube called the "Rotten Apple". For any Beatles fans, or music fans, it's a pretty interesting conspiracy.

lmao... That's great. :-b
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby josebach » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:36 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:I love debates, and have changed my opinion various times after debates. So while I don't have much to do this break time. Might as well spend a little time with conspiracy videos. There has been favorites in the past, Kennedy, Moon Landing, hell, I saw one about Kurt Cobain being murdered by Courney Love.

Here's one I find interesting, I just saw this but I'll do some more research on it tomorrow. I do fail to imagine the earth growing and more than double its original size, but conspiracy theory, as always, presents a good case(on surface anyway)

feel feel to reply with other good ones. And let's keep it civil. We cannot all agree on everything, but we can all agree we love baseball!

Apparently this idea was big back in the 50s and 60s, but over the last several decades it's proven unlikely and VERY few scientists today believe it. Considering we know a lot more today than we did 50 years ago, I would be more likely to believe the "universally accepted" plate tectonic theory.

Good topic, though!
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:27 am

I can't really watch that video here at work, but I'm assuming from the post and Jose's post that it's about the "Smaller Earth" theory, in which the Earth has accumulated mass over the eons, explaining why Dinosaurs were so much bigger than life on Earth today, right?

One real problem with that theory (aside from Jose's wholly correct statement about plate tectonics) is that we not only have fossil records of the dinosaurs, but we have fossil records of lots of the plant life as well. Not only would the Fauna have been larger due to lower gravity, but the Flora would, too. But that's not the case. Trees seem to have been the same size (roughly) they are today, as were the smaller plants. If lighter gravity made the Dinosaurs bigger, the plants would have been proportionately bigger, too. But they weren't. I think it's a fun theory, but it's pretty much not borne out by the fossil record.

I'm really kind of a conspiracy geek, too. I'm interested in the whole Kennedy Assassination theory stuff (The Gunman on the Grassy Knoll, The "Magic Bullet" Theory, The Mafia Theory, The Cuba Theory, etc.), Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, The Moon Landing (Hoax) Theory, Roswell, The Nazca Lines/Ancient Spacefarers, Ancient Technology, Atlantis, The Curse of the Goat (from Cubs lore), The Da Vinci Code, D. B. Cooper, The New World Order Theory, etc..... I've read stuff or watched shows on most of these, and more besides. It's all very fascinating to me, even though I realize most of them are bunk. They're just fun to think about - the possibilities and all.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:10 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:I love debates, and have changed my opinion various times after debates. So while I don't have much to do this break time. Might as well spend a little time with conspiracy videos. There has been favorites in the past, Kennedy, Moon Landing, hell, I saw one about Kurt Cobain being murdered by Courney Love.

Wow. I was a double major in the Earth and Planetary Sciences in college, and this sounds ridiculus. Not having watched more that 1 minute of the video, there are numerous objections that come to mind.

This site is a good enough start
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:47 pm

Even though it's been debunked by Popular Science, you can't have a conspiracy thread without the Loose Change, 9/11 Conspiracy video. I love the premise:

We wanted to go to war to make money, so we blew up our most profitable building and killed our brightest military minds.

Only George W. Bush could come up with a plan that "fiendishly clever in its intricacies." :-b

Bonus game: Name that quote's source.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:58 am

JTWood wrote:Even though it's been debunked by Popular Science, you can't have a conspiracy thread without the Loose Change, 9/11 Conspiracy video. I love the premise:

We wanted to go to war to make money, so we blew up our most profitable building and killed our brightest military minds.

Only George W. Bush could come up with a plan that "fiendishly clever in its intricacies." :-b

Bonus game: Name that quote's source.

this is what i was going to mention...sure "america" lost a lot of money, but a lot of individuals made and lost a lot of money in 9/11. i dont believe loose change though. mostly every theory in the video was proven to be false, but still a very "conspiratorial" video.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:28 am

I am listening to the new version of Loose Change while I'm working (because web work isn't exactly exciting).

Here's my favorite part so far (~57 min mark):

"...and it was pulled off with military precision."

This kills me. Are they looking at the same military I am? :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Return to General Talk