Better 3B for 08

Ryan Braun
31%
David Wright
69%

Total votes : 127

Re: Braun vs Wright

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Hmm, tough one. Right now, this minute, if I were drafting for next season and next season only, I would rank my 3B as...

1. Rodriguez
2. Cabrera
3. Ramirez
4. Wright
5. Braun

...and those 3-5 are really bunched up. Real tough to say. Long term, I like Braun more than Wright, but not by much. To say the least, I'd be pleased landing any of the 5.

I don't think Aram should be #3. Wright and Braun both have similar power numbers to Aram and Aram has 0sbs.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:58 am

Yin_Xu88 wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:Hmm, tough one. Right now, this minute, if I were drafting for next season and next season only, I would rank my 3B as...

1. Rodriguez
2. Cabrera
3. Ramirez
4. Wright
5. Braun

...and those 3-5 are really bunched up. Real tough to say. Long term, I like Braun more than Wright, but not by much. To say the least, I'd be pleased landing any of the 5.

I don't think Aram should be #3. Wright and Braun both have similar power numbers to Aram and Aram has 0sbs.

agreed.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshheines » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Ummm, everyone acts like its a forgone conclusion that Cabrera is more valuable than Wright. In a standard, 12-team 5x5, Wright has been more valuable.

Wright's posted: 22 HR, 25 SB, 74 RBI, 76 runs, and .305 AVG
Cabrera's posted: 28 HR, 1 SB, 83 RBI, 71 runs, and .335 AVG

Runs and RBIs really cancel each other out, or at the worst are too close to make a difference. Then you have to weigh what is more valuable, 6 HR and .030 AVG or 24 SB? I'm going with the SB.

Wright's auction value to date is $35.44 compared to Cabrera at $33.40.

You should re-title this Cabrera v. Braun, until Cabrera reclaims the #2 spot from Wright.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby apz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm

joshheines wrote:Ummm, everyone acts like its a forgone conclusion that Cabrera is more valuable than Wright. In a standard, 12-team 5x5, Wright has been more valuable.

Wright's posted: 22 HR, 25 SB, 74 RBI, 76 runs, and .305 AVG
Cabrera's posted: 28 HR, 1 SB, 83 RBI, 71 runs, and .335 AVG

Runs and RBIs really cancel each other out, or at the worst are too close to make a difference. Then you have to weigh what is more valuable, 6 HR and .030 AVG or 24 SB? I'm going with the SB.

Wright's auction value to date is $35.44 compared to Cabrera at $33.40.

You should re-title this Cabrera v. Braun, until Cabrera reclaims the #2 spot from Wright.

Or until Braun claims the #2 spot from Cabrera. :-b
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:42 pm

ok but you're just taking the stats as of right now. at the end of the year, miggy will have 10-12 more hrs than wright and if he maintains 30 points on the average, id rather have that. the 25 or stolen bases can be made up somewhere else.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshheines » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:57 pm

Of course , I'm taking the stats of right now. Let's say Miggy does hit 12 HR more than Wright at the end of the year, wouldn't it also make sense that Wright will not stay at 25 SB and will get another 6 to 8 SB, plus Wright's average has been climbing ever since May. Over the course of this season and last, they have had the exact same value. At this point, you can't say one is more valuable than the other.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:13 pm

i can and i will. id rather have m-cab over wright. personal preference.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i can and i will. id rather have m-cab over wright. personal preference.

Of course you can and you did, but the point is they are pretty darn close value wise when you really look at it. I'd personally have Miggy at this point, but I can see the argument for either.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:08 am

pokerplaya wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i can and i will. id rather have m-cab over wright. personal preference.

Of course you can and you did, but the point is they are pretty darn close value wise when you really look at it. I'd personally have Miggy at this point, but I can see the argument for either.

i never once said they werent close or that i couldnt see the argument for either. i specifically stated personal preference that id take the home runs over the stolen bases.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:02 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

i never once said they werent close or that i couldnt see the argument for either. i specifically stated personal preference that id take the home runs over the stolen bases.

agreed
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers