Next year 2B after Utley. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Next year 2B after Utley.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Next year 2B after Utley.

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:41 pm

skapur20 wrote:it all depends upon what type of league you play in.

h2h uggla has to rated above most of those guys as his avg wont be as "killer" as some of your put it. Its only 1 catagory. where as runs, hrs, rbi hes right up there with utley with those stats. then to avg it out in the other 2 cats he doesnt help in, id take a guy like taveras late. whose gonna hit 40 sbs and is hitting over 315.

I disagree. In H2H I'd much rather have someone like Phillips or Upton who can provide all 5 categories over someone who gives you 3.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:42 pm

uggla stinks. ive said it before and ive said it again...hes not even compariable to guys like phillips, upton, or roberts. i would rather draft a younger upside 2b very late in the draft then to draft uggla.

also, im pushing kelly johnson up a notch. just watching his game, made me appreciate him alittle more.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:37 pm

skapur20 wrote:it all depends upon what type of league you play in.

h2h uggla has to rated above most of those guys as his avg wont be as "killer" as some of your put it. Its only 1 catagory. where as runs, hrs, rbi hes right up there with utley with those stats. then to avg it out in the other 2 cats he doesnt help in, id take a guy like taveras late. whose gonna hit 40 sbs and is hitting over 315.

Phillips: 95 Runs 28 HR 84 RBI 27 SB .290
Upton: 77 Runs 22 HR 73 RBI 16 SB .315 (Missed considerable time)
Cano: 79 Runs 16 HR 79 RBI 3 SB .301 (Played terrible for the first half)
Roberts: 91 R 10 HR 49 RBI 40 SB .298

Uggla: 96 Runs 28 HR 79 RBI 2 SB .247

With a .247 AVG, that means there have to be weeks when he just tanks and hits nothing. In head-to-head I think a .300 AVG is very important because generally (with a few exceptions like Cano this year) they are very consistent produces. Though last year I believe Cano hit at least .300 for every month.

I'd also consider Kinsler, Polanco, Kelly Johnson, Figgins and even Freddy Sanchez to be better options

If I didn't have Phillips and Upton on my keeper team, I'd also take a chance on Weeks or Kendrick before taking Uggla
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brewcrew4you » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:50 pm

Anyone think Weeks might be a good sleeper next year? After dissapointing everyone, he had an OPS over 1.000 in August, and has been walking like crazy since being called up from the minors - if he has his plate discipline, he can rake.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:41 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Anyone think Weeks might be a good sleeper next year?

Absolutely. I think he's going to be a great bargain next year, and nobody will be looking at him.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 pm

RynMan wrote:
brewcrew4you wrote:Anyone think Weeks might be a good sleeper next year?

Absolutely. I think he's going to be a great bargain next year, and nobody will be looking at him.

yeah i agree. i think his ops potential is extremely valuable as a late round pick. itd be a smart idea to package weeks with a polanco or freddy sanchez in case he doesnt pan out.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DSheppard » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:07 am

kinsler is up to a .834 ops and is at 19/19, not bad for someone who had such a bad slump and then missed 4 weeks or whatever it was exactly.

and although it has no fantasy impact, he has gone from rapid fire errors (14 in the first few months), he hasnt made an error in 40 something games now.

i made a lot of posts about kinsler in the pre season saying I thought he would be a lock to go 20/20(which he will) and probably 25/20, and was very pleased with myself when he was having the huge april. so its just nice to see him turn it back on and get his overall numbers to fantasy valuable again after a disaster 3 months.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:15 am

i made a lot of posts about kinsler in the pre season saying I thought he would be a lock to go 20/20(which he will) and probably 25/20, and was very pleased with myself when he was having the huge april. so its just nice to see him turn it back on and get his overall numbers to fantasy valuable again after a disaster 3 months.

Agreed. If you actually take Kinsler's numbers and give him the same number of AB's as Brandon Phillips, he'd have only 1 less HR, the same numer of SB's and 14 more runs scored. Oh yeah, he'd also be on pace for 30/30.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby RynMan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:36 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Agreed. If you actually take Kinsler's numbers and give him the same number of AB's as Brandon Phillips, he'd have only 1 less HR, the same numer of SB's and 14 more runs scored. Oh yeah, he'd also be on pace for 30/30.

Noted. Though there is a big difference between the two guys as of right now since Phillips has actually done it.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:43 pm

RynMan wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Agreed. If you actually take Kinsler's numbers and give him the same number of AB's as Brandon Phillips, he'd have only 1 less HR, the same numer of SB's and 14 more runs scored. Oh yeah, he'd also be on pace for 30/30.

Noted. Though there is a big difference between the two guys as of right now since Phillips has actually done it.

Exactly. That's kind of like me saying that if Ken Griffey Jr. had the same # of career ABs as Barry Bonds, he'd be the all time HR leader.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers