Joba Chamberlain has gotten the call - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Joba Chamberlain has gotten the call

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joba Chamberlain has gotten the call

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:10 am

With passport in hand Joba is in The Show, folks.

The Yankees are having a season for the ages. A pathetic start. A slow turnaround. And now a super-hot run for a playoff bid. The bullpen was the bain of the front office and now is getting a mjor facelift. Especially when Edwar returns.

The Daily News says...

Joba Time
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Joba Chamberlain has gotten the call

Postby rib217 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:38 am

So for the remainder of the year will Joba be used as a long relief kind of tool, will he hit the rotation at all?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby ceLpH » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:43 pm

rib217 wrote:So for the remainder of the year will Joba be used as a long relief kind of tool, will he hit the rotation at all?

not a chance
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:06 pm

worth an add in a keeper league? How does he forecast as a starter for next year?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raw skillz » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:40 pm

if the hype is true the BULLPEN will be greatly improved..da kid throws heat :-D
raw skillz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Danger » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:51 pm

So I assume he'll be a holds stud. The only person I can see Joba replacing in the rotation is Moose but that doesn't seem very likely. He obviously won't be closing neither.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:51 pm

He is absolutely a keeper candidate.

This season he is a bullpen guy. I have read that he is projected as a starter for 2008.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25 pm

He will not be replacing moose for moose has one year left on his contract. Since Roger is only on a one year deal and refuses to do spring training and such he will take rogers spot... that is unless we land Zambrano :-)
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby B-Chad » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:15 am

Only a Yankee's farm hand that isn't projected to be anything more then a middle reliever the remainder of the year can get this much hype. What a joke, he may have the tools to be a fantastic player, but I'm gonna guess Yankee fans will be out in droves grabbing this guy in their leagues while other more proven and valuable mid relievers like Pat Neshek have been sitting in their free agent pool. That is the hype that comes with being a Yankee I suppose. Oh well, consider me someone who would not be burning a waiver claim on him if I had the position.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TonyCee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:38 am

B-Chad wrote:Only a Yankee's farm hand that isn't projected to be anything more then a middle reliever the remainder of the year can get this much hype. What a joke, he may have the tools to be a fantastic player, but I'm gonna guess Yankee fans will be out in droves grabbing this guy in their leagues while other more proven and valuable mid relievers like Pat Neshek have been sitting in their free agent pool. That is the hype that comes with being a Yankee I suppose. Oh well, consider me someone who would not be burning a waiver claim on him if I had the position.

WOW. I'm no Yankee but the guy has like 135 SO's in 88 innings so of course your going to look at him (as he's a top prospect) but I can't imagine someone would grab him over Neshek. :-?
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates