Someone Benching his whole team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Someone Benching his whole team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Someone Benching his whole team

Postby HouAstros7 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:23 pm

Well, i am not the commish in my league but the commissioner is on a cruise and something very frustrating happened. I'm in a league with a bunch of my friends and one of them doesn't check on his team all that much so another owner told him he should bench his whole team because his team some how doesn't count. The thing is the one who told him to do that is one point ahead of me and tied in two categories with the one who benched all of his team. I guess im more venting than asking for advice. Just seems pretty classless and tasteless.
HouAstros7
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Someone Benching his whole team

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:36 pm

That's TERRIBLE. Man, not sure what you can do about it... I guess write an email to the league calling out the owner who benched his whole team - don't slam him, just point out that by doing so, he's helping anyone and everyone who can jump over him in any categories. He's probably just ignorant about what he's done.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby talan37 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:53 pm

If he doesn't want to play, the commish should lock his team and put in all his starters, its waaaaay to late to bench his whole team as it will destroy the standings.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby baseballstud » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:15 pm

yeah just tell the commish to lock his roster then put all his players back in. that way he can't change anything again at all.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby phillyphan12 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:38 pm

THIS IS BLASPHEMY PUT THIS GUY`S ROSTER ON LOCK....
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Oatsdad » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:33 pm

A friend of mine benched his team for the last two weeks of last season as a protest over some unpunished collusion. It was a symbolic act in a points league - it had no effect on who won, though it did mean he ended up in 7th place instead of maybe 4th.

But this sounds like it's roto, where a benched team would really mess with things. Though wouldn't it mess with things equally for all players?
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby talan37 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:43 pm

No, it would give advantage to those behind him in the standings, and hurt those in front of him(by giving more points to people in the bottom of the standings). Is it theoretically possible that all people could be equally benefitted? Yes, but its only 1 possible situation out of many, and in all those of those other many, the point distribution will not be even.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:30 am

his roster should be on lock for the remainder of the season. ive been in leagues where guys have dropped all their players before. idiots i tell ya.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rails80 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:40 am

Depending on the league, the commish could go back to the last point that this guy had a full roster set, and then lock that in for the time this guy benched every one...
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 257)

Return to Commissioner's Corner