Ryan Braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ryan Braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby JPCicciarelli » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks to the cafe I got the jump on Braun as well as Pence and Lincecum.

I actually picked Braun up and stashed him then traded ARam for Utley to solidify my infield since 2nd base is so shallow. I now have a 27 game lead for first :-°
JPCicciarelli
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby ceLpH » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:42 pm

JPCicciarelli wrote:Thanks to the cafe I got the jump on Braun as well as Pence and Lincecum.

I actually picked Braun up and stashed him then traded ARam for Utley to solidify my infield since 2nd base is so shallow. I now have a 27 game lead for first :-°


A Ram for Utley was a steal, I dont care if Utley is hurt now
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1478
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby JPCicciarelli » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 pm

ceLpH wrote:
JPCicciarelli wrote:Thanks to the cafe I got the jump on Braun as well as Pence and Lincecum.

I actually picked Braun up and stashed him then traded ARam for Utley to solidify my infield since 2nd base is so shallow. I now have a 27 game lead for first :-°


A Ram for Utley was a steal, I dont care if Utley is hurt now


I live in Chicago, Cubs fans are blinded by team loyalty
JPCicciarelli
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby jfg » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:27 pm

Has there ever been a call-up that has produced even close to the fantasy numbers Braun has? Has anyone ever picked up a guy in a competitive league (picking up Albert Pujols doesn't count) that has done what Braun has? My league keeps three players and I never thought I'd be using one of those keepers on a guy I picked up in early June.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby rowe33 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:03 pm

jfg wrote:Has there ever been a call-up that has produced even close to the fantasy numbers Braun has? Has anyone ever picked up a guy in a competitive league (picking up Albert Pujols doesn't count) that has done what Braun has? My league keeps three players and I never thought I'd be using one of those keepers on a guy I picked up in early June.


Jerred Weaver was awfully good last season as a mid-season pickup (for my opponent.) 2.56 era, 1.032 whip, 11 wins, 105 Ks. Can't ask much more than that from a free agent pitching pickup. I can't remember another hitter taking off like Braun though.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 351
Joined: 16 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby Bwanna » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:10 pm

rowe33 wrote:
jfg wrote:Has there ever been a call-up that has produced even close to the fantasy numbers Braun has? Has anyone ever picked up a guy in a competitive league (picking up Albert Pujols doesn't count) that has done what Braun has? My league keeps three players and I never thought I'd be using one of those keepers on a guy I picked up in early June.


Jerred Weaver was awfully good last season as a mid-season pickup (for my opponent.) 2.56 era, 1.032 whip, 11 wins, 105 Ks. Can't ask much more than that from a free agent pitching pickup. I can't remember another hitter taking off like Braun though.

Well, there's a fairly good chance that Braun could have better numbers than Albert did -- in 40 less games. 8-o
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5656
(Past Year: 244)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact