Ryan Braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ryan Braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ryan Braun

Postby Wisconsin Sports Fan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:48 pm

The Big Train wrote:Kudos to Yost for immediately plugging him into the 3-hole in front of Prince. The Brewers obviously believed from the beginning that the had something special on their hands.

Don't give Yost much credit. Yost is the same person who threw away that entire position for the first couple months when he tried to platoon Counsell and Graffanino there.

Braun should've been in the opening day lineup, instead, they tried to "fix" his fielding, and then he got hurt for a bit. A lot of good that did, he still can't field.
Wisconsin Sports Fan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby callthedoctor » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:54 pm

I picked up Braun when he first came up based on the hype here...he has overwelmingly lived up to it.

PO' thought that silly yahoo can't get a picture of him....maybe they don't think he's worthy.
Yahoo 8 Team h2h
---------------------
Mauer
PFielder,
Placido,CGuillen,BJUpton
Braun,TTolowitzki
Soriano,Hunter,
Sizemore,Victorino,Ordonez
Peavy,Sheets,Gabbard,FCarmona,OHernandez
BMeyers,Paplebon,Nathan,Isinghausen
callthedoctor
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Papelbon Fire » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 pm

I feel lucky enough to have picked up Pence off of waivers, and the ability to pick up Braun and Gollardo out of the FA pool (as well as Corey Hart).
"A-Rod booed for confusing Yankees fans."
Papelbon Fire
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rowe33 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:11 pm

I missed out on his first 9 at bats due to our weekly add/drop but since then he's been a fixture. .352 - 19 - 50 - 10 for me....wow. He's completely outclassed David Wright, who I also added via a big trade a few weeks after picking Braun up. I'll keep Wright at $38 for next year and Braun at $10 - hopefully going to be a ridiculous steal.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby muetze » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:34 pm

I picked him up off waivers the first day he was available and held on to him up until right befor ethe Allstar break. I traded him for Hafner, who I expected to have a big 2nd half. My team has been reeling ever since. The worst part is I had A-rod and Braun after getting him off waivers. I since traded Braun for Haf and I traded A-Rod for Holliday and Wright (I do like that move).
Muetze
muetze
College Coach
College Coach

Postby threelions » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:12 pm

I had kept an eye on him since day one, becuase my opening day 3b is Shea Hillenbrand :~(
the rise of ryan braun is double pleasure for me :-)
12-team h2h 5X5 non-keeper
J.Montero,Pujols,Craig,Plouffe,Middlebrooks,TROUT,Gordon,Ethier,Butler
KingFelix,Cain,Price,McCarthy,Lewis,Hansen
Myers,Nathan,Casilla,Romo
threelions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ceLpH » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:46 pm

ended up trading him and Maine for Johan and Lowell.... dropped Lowell for Andruw Jones so I cant really be mad

the league counted errors too, which Braun has been racking up so thats a pretty good look plus i already had Wright

in my other league without errors hes been a blessing though
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby charliebrown2 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:17 pm

:-o
Jeez, got me all scared seeing a Ryan Braun thread in the "Injuries and Player Updates" forum

thx a lot! :-°
charliebrown2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:22 pm

Ryan Braun has helped me move into 1st place. I had Scott Rolen as my 3rd baseman before him and you all know what that means. I've risen up the ranks in HRs and AVG. I had Garrett Atkins last year and Braun this year. Love these 3rd baseman!!! His teammate Corey Hart and Gallardo haven't hurt me either...go Brewers
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Wisconsin Sports Fan wrote:
The Big Train wrote:Kudos to Yost for immediately plugging him into the 3-hole in front of Prince. The Brewers obviously believed from the beginning that the had something special on their hands.

Don't give Yost much credit. Yost is the same person who threw away that entire position for the first couple months when he tried to platoon Counsell and Graffanino there.

Braun should've been in the opening day lineup, instead, they tried to "fix" his fielding, and then he got hurt for a bit. A lot of good that did, he still can't field.

I'm guessing you aren't to familiar with who makes the callups. The GM is responsible for making roster changes and they don't always do what the manager wants. Yost did NOT have the power to call up Braun and basically had to work with what the GM gave him. Do you have inside knowledge that Yost didn't want or wouldn't have prefered Braun earlier? Like I said it wasn't his call.

BTW someone in my league picked up Braun right away, had him for a week or 2 and dropped him, then I picked him up. Of course I did drop Pence after he slumped for about a week after the first time he got hurt figuring his streak was over due to the injury.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates