I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby jorwoods » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:Thinking a bit more about these steal players, a potential draft for say, 2nd position snake could go like this....

1. A. Pujols
2. A. Soriano
3. L. Berkman
4. J. Bay
5. G. Atkins
6. M. Young

Feasible?


Personally, I think the first three rounds would be great....but there will be better options in rounds 4-6. Young doesn't have much power anymore (empty avg.), Bay doesn't run (Jose Guillen?), and Atkins hasn't shown the consistency I would want out of my 5th round pick.
Image
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 599
Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bloomington, IN

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby markj11 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:42 am

DevilDriver wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Bay went in the 3rd round this season?? 8-o


27.2 adp on yahoo


That means third round. ;-D
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby itodd » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:14 pm

every worthwhile Astro (Berkman, Lee, Oswalt, Lidge, Pence(!!!))
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 647
Joined: 9 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby Rhydderch » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:36 pm

itodd wrote:every worthwhile Astro (Berkman, Lee, Oswalt, Lidge, Pence(!!!))




I have to disagree with Lee. He's been one of the most consistant guys the last few years, his numbers are typically consistant.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 458
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby rainman23 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Soriano's going to have to drop real damned far to wind up on my roster. Who knows what he's going to do? He thrives as a right handed hitter in Yankee Stadium. He goes to a hitter's park in Texas and struggles. He goes to a pitcher's park in Washington, people write his obituaries, and he kicks ass. Now he's in Wrigley, should be thriving, and struggles. I'd rather target guys where I have a clue what they might do...count me out of the Beltran sweepstakes, too...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby DevilDriver » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:30 pm

markj11 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Bay went in the 3rd round this season?? 8-o


27.2 adp on yahoo


That means third round. ;-D


Lofunzo was questioning/suprised that Bay went in the 3rd round, I was confirming Bay was taken there.
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 pm

rainman23 wrote:Soriano's going to have to drop real damned far to wind up on my roster. Who knows what he's going to do? He thrives as a right handed hitter in Yankee Stadium. He goes to a hitter's park in Texas and struggles. He goes to a pitcher's park in Washington, people write his obituaries, and he kicks ass. Now he's in Wrigley, should be thriving, and struggles. I'd rather target guys where I have a clue what they might do...count me out of the Beltran sweepstakes, too...


Very true. Luckily I haven't owned Beltran ever (except in my keeper where I acquired him the day before he got injured :-P ) and I've only owned Soriano once. But I traded him as soon he got traded to RFK, and you see where that got me. With those two, and a few others, you never really know what to expect...Berkman seems to be another one of those players. 42HR's, 25HR's, 45HR's...you get the idea. :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby markj11 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:11 am

DevilDriver wrote:Lofunzo was questioning/suprised that Bay went in the 3rd round, I was confirming Bay was taken there.


Gotcha, looked to me like he was questioning the OP about saying he will go in the 3rd next year when he went in the 3rd this year.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby hot4tx » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:19 am

pokerplaya wrote:
rainman23 wrote:Soriano's going to have to drop real damned far to wind up on my roster. Who knows what he's going to do? He thrives as a right handed hitter in Yankee Stadium. He goes to a hitter's park in Texas and struggles. He goes to a pitcher's park in Washington, people write his obituaries, and he kicks ass. Now he's in Wrigley, should be thriving, and struggles. I'd rather target guys where I have a clue what they might do...count me out of the Beltran sweepstakes, too...


Very true. Luckily I haven't owned Beltran ever (except in my keeper where I acquired him the day before he got injured :-P ) and I've only owned Soriano once. But I traded him as soon he got traded to RFK, and you see where that got me. With those two, and a few others, you never really know what to expect...Berkman seems to be another one of those players. 42HR's, 25HR's, 45HR's...you get the idea. :-[


The better "pure hitters" are more consistent day in and day out, so they tend to avoid to long slumps (more so) so they have less "down years". Guys like Beltran, Soriano, Andruw Jones, etc seem to be more up and down. That said, getting a Soriano, Beltran or Andruw next year might be something to think about. You won't be using a 1st rounder (or 3rd/4th for Andruw) so if they don't give you much you aren't destroyed, yet they all will have a very good chance of outplaying their draft positions!
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1931
(Past Year: 209)
Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I bet these players'll be cheap in next year's draft

Postby markj11 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:37 am

I'll add Aramis Ramírez, the whole Cubs lineup seems to have lost power. Also: Mark Teixeira, Furcal, Tejada, Joe Mauer, Lugo, McCann, Troy Glaus, Bill Hall, Sexson, and Félix Hernández.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntonioPype, lesleyls16, louelladg18, nicholedk11 and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact