Beltran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran

Postby TexDawg45 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:34 am

what is up with this situation? I just landed him in a trade (right before he went on the DL of course).
TexDawg45
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran

Postby TexDawg45 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:28 pm

does anyone know?
TexDawg45
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TexDawg45 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:06 pm

bump
TexDawg45
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:35 pm

I have heard it's the type of injury that can linger a bit - and that's especially the case with Beltran, who is known for being soft. Take these most recent Rotoworld & Sportsline updates for what they're worth, though - I haven't heard anything newer on the timeline and don't see anything on the Mets' site.

Mets placed outfielder Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 25, with a strained oblique.
Lastings Milledge will be the Mets' regular center fielder while Beltran is out, guaranteeing that Shawn Green stays in the lineup for at least another 10 days. Beltran will be eligible to return Aug. 9.
Rotoworld, 7/31/07

The center fielder, who is batting .263 with 19 homers and 62 RBI, said he hurt the muscle on his left side taking a swing. Consider him out until at least mid-August at this point. The Mets will be extremely cautious with their star and abdominal muscles tend to be three-week injuries. Beltran is toast this week and in Fantasy Week 19 (Aug. 6-12).
Sportsline, 7/31/07
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 pm

From MLB.com

Notes: Beltran eyeing return
Outfielder works out, could be back with Mets by week's end

NEW YORK -- The Mets' Carlos Beltran is inching closer to a return to center field.
Beltran worked out Tuesday for the first time since straining his left oblique, and he could be ready to come off the disabled list by week's end. He ran, played catch and hit for the first time since the injury, and -- for the most part -- felt normal.

"Running and playing catch was fine," Beltran said. "But we weren't going crazy out there. It's the first day since I got hurt that I'm capable of doing work."

The problem was hitting. Beltran said he felt about 75 percent swinging from the left side, but only 50 percent from the right side after a session of soft toss. He'll take batting practice for the first time Wednesday, and plans on taking hacks from both sides of the plate.

He's also eager to rejoin the team as soon as he can -- even if that means joining at less than 100 percent.

"I don't think anyone here feels 100 percent," Beltran said. "The way I feel today, I feel like I've gained confidence for [Wednesday] to go out again and do a little bit more."

Beltran didn't make the recent road trip to Milwaukee and Chicago, staying home to heal. And while it has helped to heal him physically, it may have also managed to fracture his psyche. He couldn't be there when Tom Glavine won his 300th game, and he couldn't be there as the Mets played some of their best ball of the season.

Beltran couldn't, in fact, do much of anything.

"Sitting home without doing anything, I get crazy," Beltran said. "I get bored. The last few days I've had a bat in my room. I've been swinging at home, trying to get a feel for something, trying to feel better. Watching those games, watching Glavine get to 300, it would have been a great experience for me."

rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates