To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:12 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:in the guys eyes, they arent "molesting" these girls. they are "having sex". thats a problem in itself. i think anyone over 18 with a 12 year old is wrong. legally, morally, everything. i wasnt talking about these situations. i was talking about situations (mostly one) where there was a 22 year old guy and he went to a 15 year old's house (i believe that was the situation). my argument was that this certainly is not the same as a 50 year old and a 12 year old. thats all.

In which guy's eyes? In the sexual predator? Couldn't care less. Don't prey on our children and you're OK. Prey on them, have nefarious intent towards them, and I can't imagine a punishment severe enough. Give it to 'em twice, I say, and when you're done do something else.

I'll agree it's not the same, and the difference between people ages 22/15 is vastly different than 50/12. I guess maybe am willing to give a pass to the guys out there who are looking to hook up and who run into a girl who knowingly alleges she is "of age" but is a minor. Those guys get a raw deal, although to my way of thinking they should be more wary (better safe than sorry, as the saying goes). Further, as Art V said earlier, it really is best to take these on a case-by-case basis within certain age guidelines, since not all 16-year-olds are created equal and not all 22-year-olds are created equal.

BUT, that is not the conversation I was under the impression we were having. I think we're talking about knowing, intentional adult sexual predators preying on minors. THOSE people I have zero sympathy for, and were they to take the same way out as the guy for which this thread was started, I wouldn't shed a tear.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:in the guys eyes, they arent "molesting" these girls. they are "having sex". thats a problem in itself. i think anyone over 18 with a 12 year old is wrong. legally, morally, everything. i wasnt talking about these situations. i was talking about situations (mostly one) where there was a 22 year old guy and he went to a 15 year old's house (i believe that was the situation). my argument was that this certainly is not the same as a 50 year old and a 12 year old. thats all.

In which guy's eyes? In the sexual predator? Couldn't care less. Don't prey on our children and you're OK. Prey on them, have nefarious intent towards them, and I can't imagine a punishment severe enough. Give it to 'em twice, I say, and when you're done do something else.

I'll agree it's not the same, and the difference between people ages 22/15 is vastly different than 50/12. I guess maybe am willing to give a pass to the guys out there who are looking to hook up and who run into a girl who knowingly alleges she is "of age" but is a minor. Those guys get a raw deal, although to my way of thinking they should be more wary (better safe than sorry, as the saying goes). Further, as Art V said earlier, it really is best to take these on a case-by-case basis within certain age guidelines, since not all 16-year-olds are created equal and not all 22-year-olds are created equal.

BUT, that is not the conversation I was under the impression we were having. I think we're talking about knowing, intentional adult sexual predators preying on minors. THOSE people I have zero sympathy for, and were they to take the same way out as the guy for which this thread was started, I wouldn't shed a tear.

i sorta got off topic alittle but im with you 100 %.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:19 pm

they need to watch Hard Candy...that might deter them
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk