To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby Laean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:23 am

CheeseBeger wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:It could definitely be a disease... no sane person would be that sick. There is something wrong with these people.
There was one guy who said, "in the back of my mind, I was hoping I'd be caught."
I think they know they have a problem but are just too sick to stop themselves.

The kids aren't at fault, although it's a very stupid thing to agree to meet these men. I would put some of the blame
on the parents for not teaching their kids how to safely use the internet, and also I would say these kids are probably l
onely and want to talk to somebody and don't understand that what they are doing is really, really wrong.


Image


Thats going to be a lot of sick/diseased people in the world.

Just wondering, would you say it is morally reprehensible to sleep with a 16 year old in the good ole USA, but not morally
reprehensible to do that in France?


sorry, maybe i'm slow or something, but could you explain what this map is of? age when girls have sex? age when people can get legally married across the world?

also, where did you get this info?

not suspicious or anything, just curious.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:12 am

Laean wrote:
CheeseBeger wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:It could definitely be a disease... no sane person would be that sick. There is something wrong with these people.
There was one guy who said, "in the back of my mind, I was hoping I'd be caught."
I think they know they have a problem but are just too sick to stop themselves.

The kids aren't at fault, although it's a very stupid thing to agree to meet these men. I would put some of the blame
on the parents for not teaching their kids how to safely use the internet, and also I would say these kids are probably l
onely and want to talk to somebody and don't understand that what they are doing is really, really wrong.


Image


Thats going to be a lot of sick/diseased people in the world.

Just wondering, would you say it is morally reprehensible to sleep with a 16 year old in the good ole USA, but not morally
reprehensible to do that in France?


sorry, maybe i'm slow or something, but could you explain what this map is of? age when girls have sex? age when people can get legally married across the world?

also, where did you get this info?

not suspicious or anything, just curious.

It shows legal age of consent. ;-D
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby josebach » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 am

Geez, Canada... 14? Our perverted neighbors to the North. ;-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:41 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Legally, people shouldn't do stuff that's going to get them in trouble. But I think the legal age of consent should be 16, so I have no problem morally with someone sleeping with a 16-year-old.


so would you morally have a problem if someone slept with a 15 year old the night before their birthday? i know you could do this with any age restriction for anything but thats why i dont think theres really a problem. socially we are taught to think as though there is this huge line between 17 and 18 or 20 and 21 but really this is no difference.


Exactly. The problem with many of these issues (consensual sex, drinking, smoking, working, etc) is that they really should be handled on a case-by-case basis, something that's nearly impossible to do on a large scale. I reserve my moral reprehension and dole it out case by case, but the courts can't necessarily do the same thing. Because of that I think 16 is the best age to draw the line at.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby Laean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:28 pm

ah, got it. thanks teddy.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 am

I don't consider someone who sleeps with a 16 year old (that looks like an adult) "sick." That's illegal, so it's obviously not perfectly fine, but that doesn't make a person sick.

What I was saying, is these people who molest children and try to have sex with 12 year old girls- those people are sick.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1961
Joined: 2 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The good old Midwest

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:20 pm

sportsaddict wrote:I don't consider someone who sleeps with a 16 year old (that looks like an adult) "sick." That's illegal, so it's obviously not perfectly fine, but that doesn't make a person sick.

What I was saying, is these people who molest children and try to have sex with 12 year old girls- those people are sick.


well i dont think any of these guys on the show are "molesting" children or "trying" to have sex with 12 year olds. everytime ive seen the show, the girls are inviting the guys into the homes and its are appearing to be in full consent.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:well i dont think any of these guys on the show are "molesting" children or "trying" to have sex with 12 year olds. everytime ive seen the show, the girls are inviting the guys into the homes and its are appearing to be in full consent.

Wait - what? How are you making this determination? And what does it matter if a minor invites an adult into their home "in full consent?" They are minors, as far as these adults know. In fact, the very fact that they allege themselves to be minors is the only reason these men are coming to their home in the first place.

You watch these shows. You know that these adult men believe they are being invited over to the home of a minor child to have sex. End of story.

I fail to comprehend how you can in any way defend that.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:05 pm

Yeah I actually watched a bit of an episode last night and one of the doods went to the house to meet what he thought was a 12 year old girl. He had a very explicate chat with her about what he wanted to "do" to her and what he wanted from her. I believe he was even one of the doods that sent pics of his junk. %-6

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats intending to "molest" a child and I'm definitely sure thats some douche "trying" to have sex with 12 year olds. :-?
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:10 pm

knapplc wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:well i dont think any of these guys on the show are "molesting" children or "trying" to have sex with 12 year olds. everytime ive seen the show, the girls are inviting the guys into the homes and its are appearing to be in full consent.

Wait - what? How are you making this determination? And what does it matter if a minor invites an adult into their home "in full consent?" They are minors, as far as these adults know. In fact, the very fact that they allege themselves to be minors is the only reason these men are coming to their home in the first place.

You watch these shows. You know that these adult men believe they are being invited over to the home of a minor child to have sex. End of story.

I fail to comprehend how you can in any way defend that.


in the guys eyes, they arent "molesting" these girls. they are "having sex". thats a problem in itself. i think anyone over 18 with a 12 year old is wrong. legally, morally, everything. i wasnt talking about these situations. i was talking about situations (mostly one) where there was a 22 year old guy and he went to a 15 year old's house (i believe that was the situation). my argument was that this certainly is not the same as a 50 year old and a 12 year old. thats all.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact