To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: To Catch a Predator suspect commits live-on-TV suicide

Postby 5 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:28 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

:-b

We hear about all and see all these dudes getting busted. That's all well and good but what about the little girls and boys that agree to meet them...innocent and stupid or just stupid? (not referring to the fake ones on TV)

Everything is labeled as a disease, why not this?
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Melo255 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:51 pm

slomo007 wrote:Does anyone know if the chat transcripts are posted online somewhere? I'd be curious to read them to figure out just how hard Perverted Justice tries to set these people up. It's one thing if they guy is all over them sending xxx pics and begging to come over, it's another if he's confused and just wondering what he should do....then they suggest that he come over.

I have really mixed feelings on this issue. On one hand I do think it's good that predators in chat rooms everywhere have to worry that they're talking to a decoy....if it prevents some children from having it happen to them then that's great. On the other hand, I agree with the "vigilante justice" label that was used earlier in this thread. It seems like too much of a setup and I agree that I feel a little bad for some of those guys....not all of them....but there are some that have legitimate mental problems that just need help more than anything. Arresting them, putting them in prison, then releasing them so they can do it again is not going to help anything, except TV ratings.

http://www.perverted-justice.com/

It has a bunch of transcripts of some of the all time worst guys.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:38 am

5 wrote:
brewcrew4you wrote:Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

:-b

We hear about all and see all these dudes getting busted. That's all well and good but what about the little girls and boys that agree to meet them...innocent and stupid or just stupid? (not referring to the fake ones on TV)

Everything is labeled as a disease, why not this?

It could definitely be a disease... no sane person would be that sick. There is something wrong with these people. There was one guy who said, "in the back of my mind, I was hoping I'd be caught." I think they know they have a problem but are just too sick to stop themselves.

The kids aren't at fault, although it's a very stupid thing to agree to meet these men. I would put some of the blame on the parents for not teaching their kids how to safely use the internet, and also I would say these kids are probably lonely and want to talk to somebody and don't understand that what they are doing is really, really wrong.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:22 am

no sane person would be how sick? again, im not sticking up for these guys or any of them, but i think most of us have found a younger girl attractive and maybe even referred to her as jailbait (im talking when guys are 19-24 years old or so and usually referring to a 15 or 16 year old girl). i just feel like the majority of guys are SMARTER to not do anything because of the legal restrictions.

now if this girl approached you and said she was a minor and you did her anyway, does that make you sick or just a criminal? im not sure of all state laws but this girl is only 17 and i can say 100 % id do her if she was interested. call me sick if you want

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:58 am

She is exactly who I was thinking of when you made the post before, Snakes. ;-D :-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:51 pm

sportsaddict wrote:It could definitely be a disease... no sane person would be that sick. There is something wrong with these people.
There was one guy who said, "in the back of my mind, I was hoping I'd be caught."
I think they know they have a problem but are just too sick to stop themselves.

The kids aren't at fault, although it's a very stupid thing to agree to meet these men. I would put some of the blame
on the parents for not teaching their kids how to safely use the internet, and also I would say these kids are probably l
onely and want to talk to somebody and don't understand that what they are doing is really, really wrong.

Thats going to be a lot of sick/diseased people in the world.

Just wondering, would you say it is morally reprehensible to sleep with a 16 year old in the good ole USA, but not morally
reprehensible to do that in France?
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:33 pm

for the most part i think it is accepted everywhere. when you hear about a 30 year old sleeping with a 16 year old you might think its wrong and kinda weird, but for the most part you dont say wow what a sick and diseased and disgusting man.

(im alittle upset the pic got cut off !+) ).

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:50 pm

Legally, people shouldn't do stuff that's going to get them in trouble. But I think the legal age of consent should be 16, so I have no problem morally with someone sleeping with a 16-year-old.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Legally, people shouldn't do stuff that's going to get them in trouble. But I think the legal age of consent should be 16, so I have no problem morally with someone sleeping with a 16-year-old.

so would you morally have a problem if someone slept with a 15 year old the night before their birthday? i know you could do this with any age restriction for anything but thats why i dont think theres really a problem. socially we are taught to think as though there is this huge line between 17 and 18 or 20 and 21 but really this is no difference.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Laean » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:13 am

a child molester deserves to be put in jail, not die through a gunshot to the head. if the show contributed to his death, then i'd imagine his family might (rightly so) have a civil claim against the show. and it sure does look like the show did contribute to his death, as it was unnecessary for the police to force their way into his home (not like there was an emergency child molesting about to occur - the show ONLY did this for its ratings). the additional fact that the officers didn't even have the correct documents for doing so is just mindboggling.

if "to catch a predator" really was concerned about catching predators, i'd view it more favorably. but it's sensationalist TV that's mainly looking out for itself (ratings). it's the same kind of trash as "Cheaters." if they were at least up front about it i'd be more ambivalent about it (hey it's a business, good for you), but just how chock full of hypocracy they are makes me despise these type of shows.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk