MLB fantasy 411 listeners? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB fantasy 411 listeners?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MLB fantasy 411 listeners?

Postby J35J » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:42 am

Yeah, some of you have hit on what I think about "shows" like these. While they are entertaining and sometimes you can weed out the good stuff, it is first and foremost a "show" for entertainment. Nothing can hold a candle to a place like this(The FBC) for no other reason than you get your advice/opinions from more than just 2 guys trying to put on a "show".

The 411 and any radio show is a "show" first for entertainment purposes and the content it distributes is second to that, IMHO.

Now if we can get Mike and Corey to come HERE like some of the Yahoo guys do now, then we can have some REAL discussions and quality content! ;-D ;-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:10 pm

...I miss Mike (I'm sure Cory does as well)
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 118)

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:22 pm

I got bored after listening to today's show. It was OK for the first bit, way too much off-topic stuff for my liking. Does anyone listen to any of the other podcasts on the MLB site? Haven't checked them out yet, but wondering what you thought of it if you've already listened.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:38 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:I got bored after listening to today's show. It was OK for the first bit, way too much off-topic stuff for my liking. Does anyone listen to any of the other podcasts on the MLB site? Haven't checked them out yet, but wondering what you thought of it if you've already listened.

I used to listen to Lenny Melnick but he did a podcast with his wife that turned me off so much I've never listened since. BP, BaseballHW, and BA both do a podcasts but its weekly I believe. Also, Fantasybaseballexpress does one but I my opinion he's really annoying and really just tries to sell things. Rotokings is good but they really are only active during the MLB preseason.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 118)

Postby YakultSpits » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:44 pm

[quote="DSheppard"]its 1 am so forgive me if someone asked this and i skipped it, but is there any way to get this through itunes?

http://mlb.mlb.com/feed/podcast/c1261158.xml is the URL that my iTunes shows.
YakultSpits
T-Ball Trainer

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:37 pm

its 1 am so forgive me if someone asked this and i skipped it, but is there any way to get this through itunes?

That should work. After it downloads you click open, and there's an option that says, "open with" and for me that's already at itunes, but if not you can manually change that and it should work.

Havok1517 wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:I got bored after listening to today's show. It was OK for the first bit, way too much off-topic stuff for my liking. Does anyone listen to any of the other podcasts on the MLB site? Haven't checked them out yet, but wondering what you thought of it if you've already listened.

I used to listen to Lenny Melnick but he did a podcast with his wife that turned me off so much I've never listened since. BP, BaseballHW, and BA both do a podcasts but its weekly I believe. Also, Fantasybaseballexpress does one but I my opinion he's really annoying and really just tries to sell things. Rotokings is good but they really are only active during the MLB preseason.
[/quote]

Thanks! I'll check out a couple of the other ones soon and give some feedback. I'll have to check out Rotokings in the off-season.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

Postby FantasyBaseballMafia » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:49 pm

All the MLB shows are good IMO,

if your looking for a morning show you get Vinny andJon Marzano,
the 411 is at noon to cover the Fantasy Angle,
Casey Stern does a 1/2 hour show at 1 which replays at 1:30 (you remember Casy from ESPN's Dream Job,
then you get Harold Reynolds at 2pm for his Line-up card show,
Back to Casey at 3 for the bottom line
and Petey Mac wrapps things up for a very loose anything goes type late night show from 10-1.

We also have a podcast over at http://www.FantasyBaseballMafia.com which comes out on Fridays and Mondays. Check it out if you like, new epiode today - http://wiretap.hipcast.com/rss/fbm_wiretap.xml

Latest Podcast of the Wire Tap - http://www.fantasybaseballmafia.com/pod ... .24.07.mp3
FantasyBaseballMafia
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Esen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:25 am

Hi,
To clarify something.
I am te Caller who told them about the POSITIVE feedback they were getting on the board. I did mention the Mike and the no win thing to them but it wasn't said to be a hurtfull thing.
I did not mention the board name at all. They asked me to E-mail them the name but then like one minute later Cory said oh here it is , it is at the Fantasy Cafe.

Look It is a great show and this is a great board.
I think the show and the Cafe compliments each other well.

Thanks to here and there I have learned a whole lot.
Thank you.
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby talk show host » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:37 pm

Hello all Lenny Melnick here hoping you were not too offended by my wifes podcast,,,I do a show EVERY DAY with alot of effort put into each broadcast. 3-4 HOURS OF WORK TO GET SHOW UP AT 8 AM et iTS A 30 MINUTE PODCAST WITH INFO AND HUMOR IN HIS CASE THE HUMOR WAS NOT RECEIVED WELL AND WE DO SAY WE ARE SORRY. I hope you will me another listen..Doing a show EVERYDAY and im sure some are better than others Forgive and give me another shot Thanks
talk show host
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RynMan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:40 pm

I was thinking about this yesterday while driving.

GP, might need your help on this one. We should try and formulate a list of favorite shows or moments. For instance, the Carlos Zambrano interview is one that is just classic. Anytime I am talking these days and the sentence comes to "you know...", I instantly think of that interview. It's classic. I have the date for that show and will post it later once I find it again.

Some others like Corey's Dusty Baker rant, the Ted Lilly break up, Jeff Ma's Esteban Loaiza story are some more I'd like to track down. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers