Milton Bradley Again on 8/3! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Milton Bradley Again on 8/3!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Milton Bradley Again on 8/3!

Postby ShawshankVA » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:01 pm

so is the consensus to cut bait? guess i could wait to make sure hes not in tonights lineup...my bench is clogged and dont have room for another injury ride out.
ShawshankVA
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Milton Bradley Again on 8/3!

Postby Bwanna » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Rotowire.com wrote:Bradley received good news regarding his right hamstring on Saturday. The injury is a strain and he could return to the starting lineup as soon as Monday, according to the Padres' official site (quoted below).

Elizabeth M. Botello / MLB.com wrote:SAN DIEGO -- Padres left fielder Milton Bradley was out of Saturday's lineup because of a strained right hamstring and is day-to-day. He most likely will not start again until the Padres hit the road next week.

"Milton has the hamstring strain," Padres manager Bud Black said. "It doesn't look as though it's a [disabled-list] thing. It is at least a day or two or maybe three. We're going to check him every day."

Bradley suffered the injury in his last at-bat in Thursday's day game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. He felt good enough to play in Friday's game against the San Francisco Giants after receiving treatment prior to the game. But after he tried to chase down Dave Roberts' double in the top of the third inning, he felt his hamstring tighten up. He left soon after.

"When Roberts hit that ball in the corner, I took off for it," said Bradley, who immediately felt his hamstring tighten and so he eased back a bit.

"[Black] came to me and said, 'What do you got?'" Bradley told reporters. "I said it's tight, sore. I felt like I did during the day game, I couldn't get loose."

Black then told Bradley that it would be better if he just came out of the game.

"It's [a] slight strain. I don't think it was anything too major," Bradley said. "It's sore, it's on the inside of my ham."

Bradley hopes to get back as soon as he can. But in the meantime, he's doing exercises to help strengthen his legs, especially after finding out that his hips aren't aligned correctly.

Bradley is no stranger to injuries. He's been plagued with them since he broke into the Majors in 2000 with the Montreal Expos.

"It just seems like all seven years I've been playing, there's always been something to bug me, that I can't go out there and play without anything," Bradley said.

"It's something that's just there to bug me."

Bradley was acquired by the Padres on June 29. He sat out in his first week with the Padres because of an oblique injury he suffered when he was with the Oakland Athletics.

Since coming to San Diego, Bradley has played a pivotal role in its offense. Bradley held the No. 3 spot in the lineup and was batting .329 with 22 RBIs and seven home runs.

"He's too valuable as we push forward," Black said.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 323)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous