Those tough categories to move in... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Those tough categories to move in...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Those tough categories to move in...

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:13 pm

In a 6 x 6 league the categories where it is important to get out strong in is BATTERING AVERAGE and SBs. I always bottom out in BA and am determined not to this year. Also, in SBs a week or two drought can see you drop and then once your guys possibly get going you have to pass other teams which you just hope will slump. So, BA and SBs are crucial to me.

As far as WHIP and ERA I see these categories as not that tough to move up in. With so many pitchers on a roster for each team everyone is going to have their clunker games so these categories will see great battles. No concern here if by week three you are down in the lower tier.

So, when draft day comes I am thinking that early picks on offense will go to .300ish hitting guys with speed. Unfortunately, that guy isn't going to be there at my spot, 1:11, or worthy of my draft position there. Or even 2nd round. Figuring Beltran doesn't slip to me these guys could be the plums in round 5 through 8...

Juan Pierre (may be gone), Jose Reyes, Luis Castillo, Rafael Furcal, Randy Winn, Scott Podsednik.

One last thing...if Ichiro is there at 2:6 should I grab him? He fits in that mold...300+ and SBs.

Thoughts?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:04 pm

I think this is a horrible idea. Especially in a 6x6 league where SB become less valuable.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers