Lester? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lester?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lester?

Postby marlboro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:27 pm

If Lester had replaced Tavarez in the rotation until Schilling was set to return, and then the Gagne deal moved Kabbard meaning Lester would remain in the rotation, why did Tavarez start the Wednesday night game instead of Lester?

Can't seem to find any information anywhere.
marlboro
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lester?

Postby zevon » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:52 am

Lester pitched Saturday and isn't scheduled to make his next start until Thursday.
I believe today would have been Gabbard's turn , that's why we saw YoYo. Barring injury it should be his last start, Schill is due to join the club this weekend and will probably pitch Sunday.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lester?

Postby chalk61 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:20 pm

marlboro wrote:If Lester had replaced Tavarez in the rotation until Schilling was set to return, and then the Gagne deal moved Kabbard meaning Lester would remain in the rotation, why did Tavarez start the Wednesday night game instead of Lester?

Can't seem to find any information anywhere.

I had initially heard they were going to move Wakefield up to pitch yesterday but I guess they wanted to keep everyone on their normal schedule so they used Tavarez to fill in for a start.

I saw this quote in the Globe today:

Tavarez said he's given it some thought, and couldn't come up with anybody else who can bounce back and forth from the bullpen with such ease.

"I told [manager Terry] Francona, 'Just tell me 30 minutes ahead of time, that's all I need,' " Tavarez said. "A little Bengay, some coffee, some Red Bull, I'm ready to go."

Jon Lester will pitch tomorrow's series opener in Seattle, followed by Matsuzaka Saturday
chalk61
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates