Cheating for the playoff run? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Cheating for the playoff run?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cheating for the playoff run?

Postby Midnight_Toker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:48 pm

I'm currently in 1st place in my H2H, 8 team keeper. The second place team has a pending trade going through with the 5th place team. He's getting Aramis and Hudson and giving up Halladay. Is it just me or is this trade extremely unfair?

Personally, I think the 5th place team is just trying to help the 2nd place team by offering this deal. What do you guys think?

Thanks to SmooveThug for the Sigs!
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cheating for the playoff run?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:55 pm

The key here is the intentions of the teams involved. If you are certain that the fifth place team is colluding with the second place team, then yes, it must be vetoed. It looks pretty bad to me, as Aramis is more valuable than Halladay by himself. Has the fifth place team been active over the last couple months? If not, I'd say you have a pretty good case for a veto.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:00 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:The key here is the intentions of the teams involved. If you are certain that the fifth place team is colluding with the second place team, then yes, it must be vetoed. It looks pretty bad to me, as Aramis is more valuable than Halladay by himself. Has the fifth place team been active over the last couple months? If not, I'd say you have a pretty good case for a veto.

Eeehhhh... :-o ....... I agree! :-°

;-7
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:32 pm

Yeah, its definitely unfair as just Aramis > Halladay. If it were just those two, I'd say that the needs of each team dictated the trade and it would be fine, but I don't understand Hudson in the deal. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that the guy getting Halladay would have dropped Hudson anyhow to pick up a bat off of free agency - normally that'd be insane, but this is an 8 team league, so its VERY shallow.
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Return to Commissioner's Corner