looking forward to the future (because we have no choice) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Texas Rangers

looking forward to the future (because we have no choice)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

looking forward to the future (because we have no choice)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:19 pm

With yesterday's trades, I realized that we actually could have a pretty bright future in the works.

I know prospects don't always pan out, but suddenly the Texas farm system is loaded with some pretty good talent in a variety of positions.

In a few years, we could easily be looking at a major league lineup like:

OF N. Cruz, Byrd (?), Mayberry, Botts (DH/OF)
IF: Young, Kinsler, Andrus, Blalock (?), Salty
C: Max Ramirez, Salty?
SP: Hurley, Gabbard, Rupe, Millwood, McCarthy
RP: Littleton, Francisco, Benoit, Wilson

I realize there are some big question marks there, but with some key free agent signings this team could compete in a few years. I'd like to see a power corner OF unless Cruz ends up filling that role to go along with a reliable starter brought in via free agency. There are obviously some positional battles that need to take place, like where does Andrus fit in....and will Kinsler's defense last at 2b....and will Salty end up at C or 1b....but IMO the pieces are there it's just a matter of making them fit.

Thoughts?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: looking forward to the future (because we have no choice)

Postby buckets » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:21 pm

i like our farm, and i think in a couple years we could be competing, but i hate to utter those words. i think i might take in a couple frisco games this year since they're more exciting than the local team. also, i'm interested to see how the catcher situation is going to pan out. we have a glut of them and if teagarden is as good as people say, then where does that leave salty? at first? he, as we saw last year, is far from the gold glover we knew and hated with teixeira. one thing is for sure, this team is never without some strange and, arguably, intriguing storylines. and i just realized the op made this about 5 or 6 months ago. these individual boards are pretty dead, huh?
buckets
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Texas Rangers