cant believe this trade got vetoed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

cant believe this trade got vetoed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

cant believe this trade got vetoed

Postby tenken » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 am

i gave up konerko, atkins, sabathia
because I had excess pitching and atkins was siting on my bench.

i get matt holliday, hoffman, colon (filler)

and it got vetoed.

11 team 5 by 5 cat yahoo league

UPDATE: TRADE WAS VETOED A SECOND TIME.
Last edited by tenken on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tenken
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: cant believe this trade got vetoed

Postby Triplec223 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:37 am

no, that looks like a perfectly fair trade. I would ask the other owners why it got vetoed, and then send your case to the commish. No reason that should not have gone through.
Triplec223
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby talan37 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:55 am

I probably wouldn't veto, but its a wierd looking trade to me. What does your roster look like? If you have excess pitching, why would you even bother for Hoffman? I guess what does the rest of your team and his team look like, + your league standings and format. I might be able to clue you in on why it got veto'ed.

Its~Atkins, Konerko, Sabathia
for Holliday, Hoffman
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 am

I don't think the trade looks weird at all.

Holliday is the best player involved, but I would argue that Konerko and Sabathia are more valuable than Hoffman. Atkins is a very good player also. This was a very even trade and is a really bad use of a veto IMHO.

I would ask the league for their reasoning and then refer them to this thread... And I'm one of those managers who WILL veto if I think a trade is unbalanced.

Bad veto, plain and simple
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby talan37 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:32 pm

The reason I said it looks a little wierd to me, is because without seeing his roster it could have been a poor exchange of hitting value, which is what he says he needed.(Ie. he already had 3 good outfielders, but now has no 1B or 3B, and needs to replace them with WW)

I still wouldn't veto unless it was something extreme, but I am trying to help on why it might have been veto'd, since the basic merits don't look suspect.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tenken » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:01 pm

talan37 wrote:The reason I said it looks a little wierd to me, is because without seeing his roster it could have been a poor exchange of hitting value, which is what he says he needed.(Ie. he already had 3 good outfielders, but now has no 1B or 3B, and needs to replace them with WW)

I still wouldn't veto unless it was something extreme, but I am trying to help on why it might have been veto'd, since the basic merits don't look suspect.

my roster as of now in 11 team 5 cat yahoo league
c= piazza
1b= ryan howard
2b= cano
3b= braun
ss= furcal
of= ichiro, hart, bay
uti= konerko
bench= atkins, beltran
sp= halladay, zambrano, bedard, sabathia, lilly, snell
rp= capps, putz, corpas, soria
DL= ray

as you can see, i have excess pitching and lead the league in all pitching cats except for saves, hence hoffman.

and the funny thing is that i am the commish in a league with all friends. so far, 0 trades have been vetoed in our league. this is the first trade to get vetoed. i'm just trying to make sure everything is fair.
tenken
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tenken » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:03 pm

btw, some managers think i'm ripping off the other manager.
I'm currently in 2nd place while the other guy is in 4th place.
his team is :
c= buck
1b= delgado
2b= polanco
3b= miggy cabrera
ss= glaus
of= holliday, sheffield, willingham
uti= dunn
dl= nick johnson
sp= hamels, garland, germano, washburn, meche, colon, wakefield, verlander, cain, pettitte
rp= hoffman, gordon

with all these sps, he is doing good in wins and ks, but only because he is over 100+ innings. he is also dead last in ERA and WHIP. that's why I thought he would like to have some QUALITY pitching and drop some of the other starters for a middle relief strategy. he is also basically last in saves, so losing hoffman wouldn't hurt him as much. and with the hitting, I would move dunn to OF for willingham and switch off between atkins and delgado at uti. He would have to pick up some other batters and focus on matchups, ie play atkins at home, and pick up some players who are very good against either LH or RH pitchers.
Last edited by tenken on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tenken
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby talan37 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Definitely shouldn't be veto'd. Not surprised they did though, as they probably consider atkins "worthless" to you, meaning you traded sabathia and konerko for holliday and hoffman.(which obviously favors you nicely). Either way, its a no veto, and probably a good upgrade for both teams.
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:26 pm

talan37 wrote:Definitely shouldn't be veto'd. Not surprised they did though, as they probably consider atkins "worthless" to you, meaning you traded sabathia and konerko for holliday and hoffman.(which obviously favors you nicely). Either way, its a no veto, and probably a good upgrade for both teams.

Even if Atkins was worthless to him, he wasn't worthless to the other guy - he shouldn't have gotten punished for having something valuable.
If anything, the OTHER guy got the better end of the deal. Holliday is the best player in the deal, but I'd say Sabathia, Konerko, and Atkins are next, with Hoffman being the least valuable.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Terrible veto. I have no idea what side is getting the better end.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner