Why is Lugo back in the leadoff spot??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why is Lugo back in the leadoff spot???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why is Lugo back in the leadoff spot???

Postby Mike Fetters » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 pm

Was doing great hitting 9th .325 / .373 and he now he's back in the lead-off spot and is sucking again.
C'mon Francona, it ain't rocket science.
Mike Fetters
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why is Lugo back in the leadoff spot???

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 pm

Well, it went something like this. I got on my cell and called my boy Fran and said, "Hey, any chance you could move Lugo back to leadoff?. He's been playing a lot better of late." Fran agreed and said, You know, I was thinking the same thing but Theo is going to have to sign off on this." I said, "let me talk to Theo". I knew he was busy with the whole Gagne acqusition so I told Fran I'd call back. When I finally made my call to Theo hes wa eating some pasta. I said, "listen" (this really got his attention). "How is the pasta?" He said, "good". I said, "Theo I need some runs and a few steals this week and Lugo needs to bat leadoff to get em. He was your big offensive move this preseason and he's been playing much better. Start him." Theo was a little reluctent but conceded that if Lugo gets it going, it'll make himself look smarter. I was like, "Cool Theo, thanks". He was like, "no problem, anytime"

That is bascially how it went. Any questions?
Last edited by Havok1517 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 120)

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Well, it went something like this. I got on my cell and called my boy Fran and said, "Hey, any chance you could move Lugo back to leadoff?. He's been playing a lot better of late." Fran agreed and said, You know, I was thinking the same thing but Theo is going to have to sign off on this." I said, "let me talk to Theo". I knew he was busy with the whole Gagne acqusition so I told Fran I'd call back. When I finally made my call to Theo hes wa eating some pasta. I said, "listen" (this really got his attention). "How is the pasta?" He said, "good". I said, "Theo I need some runs and a few steals this week and Lugo needs to bat leadoff to get em. He was your big offensive move this preseason and he's been playing much better. Start him." Theo was a little relucent but conceded that if Lugo gets it going, it'll make himself look smarter. I was like, "Cool Theo, thanks". He was like, "no problem, anytime"

I knew you had some pull, but I didn't expect this much from you.
Way to go! ;-D
Last edited by Old_Style on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby x_Momentum » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:05 am

Lugo isn't doing terribly at leadoff but does anyone else think he was doing better during his hot streak batting 9th?
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mike Fetters » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:51 am

Havok1517 wrote:Well, it went something like this. I got on my cell and called my boy Fran and said, "Hey, any chance you could move Lugo back to leadoff?. He's been playing a lot better of late." Fran agreed and said, You know, I was thinking the same thing but Theo is going to have to sign off on this." I said, "let me talk to Theo". I knew he was busy with the whole Gagne acqusition so I told Fran I'd call back. When I finally made my call to Theo hes wa eating some pasta. I said, "listen" (this really got his attention). "How is the pasta?" He said, "good". I said, "Theo I need some runs and a few steals this week and Lugo needs to bat leadoff to get em. He was your big offensive move this preseason and he's been playing much better. Start him." Theo was a little relucent but conceded that if Lugo gets it going, it'll make himself look smarter. I was like, "Cool Theo, thanks". He was like, "no problem, anytime"

WTF does relucent mean?
Mike Fetters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:56 am

Mike Fetters wrote:

WTF does relucent mean?

To quote Websters dictionary; relucent is an adjective meaning, shining or bright.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mike Fetters » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:01 am

So Theo is a little shining :-?
Mike Fetters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:03 am

Mike Fetters wrote:So Theo is a little shining :-?

Exactly.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mike Fetters » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:09 am

Old_Style wrote:

Exactly.

Thanks man for clearing that up for me. So Lugo should go 5-5 with 6 SB's, 3 HR's and 10 RBI's tom nite?
Mike Fetters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:12 am

Mike Fetters wrote:
Old_Style wrote:

Exactly.

Thanks man for clearing that up for me. So Lugo should go 5-5 with 6 SB's, 3 HR's and 10 RBI's tom nite?

Hey now. We all know nobody has ever hit three home runs in a single game in the history of baseball.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers