Baseball Fantistics - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Fantistics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Baseball Fantistics

Postby Freebird27 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:08 pm

Hey Guys!

Has anyone used Baseball Fantistics before? I missed ALL of last years season because I was deployed in the Persian Gulf and need some extra help this season. It seems like SO much changed over last season...Is it worth the $?

Thanks!
Freebird27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby K-Y Jellys » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:19 pm

Assuming you're not in any of my leagues, it is MOST definitely worth the money.

Seriously, this is my fourth year using Fantistics and I love the site and the writers.
K-Y Jellys
GO CATS!
K-Y Jellys
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kentx12 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:35 pm

chuck b. wrote:Assuming you're not in any of my leagues, it is MOST definitely worth the money.

Seriously, this is my fourth year using Fantistics and I love the site and the writers.

I used it last year and really liked it.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dladue » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:55 pm

Assuming you're not in any of my leagues, it is MOST definitely worth the money.

I recommend these guys whenever I get a chance, I've also been with them for 4+ years, and they get better each year.

There 2004 projections software is awesome, it has all the a new set of indicators from prior seasons allowing me to make my own decision on the risk of a player. You can also change any player projection (each player has like 20 projected stats) and recalculate your own $ values. The also allow you to use the Value Based Drafting method if you choose.

Definitely worth the price of a dinner to me, as I don't have the time to evaluate 1,000 players on my own. Most importantly I've won several championships with their help: http://www.insiderbaseball.com
David
"Sunning in Anchorage"
dladue
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby oklobbyist » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:22 pm

My second year with them for baseball. Great service and well worth the money. Their daily commentary is priceless!
oklobbyist
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:24 pm

i too have been with them for a few years now. I have yet to have a complaint. Great for the $.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tool069c » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:18 am

This is my first year using it, I've had it for all of a week, and I love it already, and the season hasn't even begun yet. ;-D ;-D
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AuburnTigers » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:28 am

I have used them for three years and love it. If there is a better service out there I want to know about it.
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:05 am

Hmmm I've never paid for anything fantasy baseball related (damn I feel like a cheapskate) except Stat Tracker, but with all of these positive opinions, either this is a great fantasy tool worth the money that I don't have, or Fantistics has paid a bunch of people to promote their product on various message boards :-b

I've done too much work this offseason manipulating projections, and I'd feel bad if I spent money consequently making my hours of effort all for not, but next season I'm going to seriously consider buying it.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:38 am

LBJackal wrote:Hmmm I've never paid for anything fantasy baseball related (damn I feel like a cheapskate) except Stat Tracker, but with all of these positive opinions, either this is a great fantasy tool worth the money that I don't have, or Fantistics has paid a bunch of people to promote their product on various message boards :-b

I've done too much work this offseason manipulating projections, and I'd feel bad if I spent money consequently making my hours of effort all for not, but next season I'm going to seriously consider buying it.

dude..it's like you were reading my mind! I feel the same way. I don't think i'll buy it this year but it must be worth something to have so many people endorse it.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers