3 way trades in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3 way trades in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3 way trades in Yahoo

Postby vladrules » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:28 pm

Just curious but is it possible for Yahoo to incorporate a 3 way trade proposal into their system or format? Maybe it's too complicated or won't work. Hopefully, they can add this feature bc it would make leagues more realistic and interesting.

Currently, we can do 3 team trades the following way:
Trade #1: Team A trades OF to Team B for 1B

then

Trade #2: Team B then flips OF to Team C for SP

By the time trade #2 is even proposed or accepted, OF or SP could get injured or something else happens.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3 way trades in Yahoo

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:30 pm

vladrules wrote:Just curious but is it possible for Yahoo to incorporate a 3 way trade proposal into their system or format? Maybe it's too complicated or won't work. Hopefully, they can add this feature bc it would make leagues more realistic and interesting.

Currently, we can do 3 team trades the following way:
Trade #1: Team A trades OF to Team B for 1B

then

Trade #2: Team B then flips OF to Team C for SP

By the time trade #2 is even proposed or accepted, OF or SP could get injured or something else happens.

I would think that would be tough to accommodate... you could always manage it manually if you were in a Plus league and have the commish assign the players.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:30 pm

either Myfantasyleague or Fantasybowl has this available for fantasy football, so i know it can be done
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby vladrules » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:48 pm

either Myfantasyleague or Fantasybowl has this available for fantasy football, so i know it can be done

Nice!!!

So, why doesn't Yahoo add this feature? Maybe they're waiting til next year. Maybe they'll only add 1 neat feature every year ;-) e.g This year's drag and drop option is very neat.

It'll be so much easier, cooler if 3 way trades are capable.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:09 pm

A few years ago I pulled off a 3 way trade with some leaguemates in a Yahoo league, but we had to kind of get around the rules. The people in our league were cool about it- we just dropped our traded players, and told everyone in the league to not pick them up, while they were taken off waivers by the commish and we got to pick up the guys we traded for. That's the only way I can think of getting around it though.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby vladrules » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:16 pm

A few years ago I pulled off a 3 way trade with some leaguemates in a Yahoo league, but we had to kind of get around the rules. The people in our league were cool about it- we just dropped our traded players, and told everyone in the league to not pick them up, while they were taken off waivers by the commish and we got to pick up the guys we traded for. That's the only way I can think of getting around it though.

Right! Didn't even occur to me. That works just as well.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fbc_fan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:13 pm

i've done this a few times over the years. the three teams would just send a separate deals out to each participating team. it takes a little bit of planning, and some of the deals look absurd on paper, but we just told the rest of the league what we were doing and no one cared about the individual trades.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dooz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:15 pm

I am basically just echoing what has been said but...

Just work the deals out without actually proposing the deals then post what is going down in the league and have the commish (assuming its a private league) do it manually. It can be done. I've done it before.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers