Betemit to Yanks, Proctor to Dodgers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Betemit to Yanks, Proctor to Dodgers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Betemit to Yanks, Proctor to Dodgers

Postby ceLpH » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 pm

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Yankees and Dodgers have completed the rumored Scott Proctor for Wilson Betemit trade.

I give a slight edge to Brian Cashman on this trade, given the volatility of relievers. Betemit I think can still be a capable infield regular.

:-t
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Betemit to Yanks, Proctor to Dodgers

Postby stumpak » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:37 pm

Betemit is suddenly a decent fantasy pick if you can afford to platoon. If you are in a relatively deep league and have Utley or Kent, think about him. If you only play him against RHs he provides pop. Over the last 10 years going back to Strawberry, how many times have we seen a lefty (in this case switch hitter) with power come in and exceed expectations in Yankee Stadium?

I also think his stats, especially BA, are skewed down a little this year since as a pinch hitter he has been facing a lot of closers and set-up guys vice SPs. If you are desperate for 2B help, I think he might surprise down the stretch. In fact, I picked him to plug in for Lugo when the situation is favorable.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates