Kevin Garnett to Boston? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kevin Garnett to Boston?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kevin Garnett to Boston?

Postby mweir145 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 pm

KG and the Celtics already proved me wrong last year when they won the title.

Bruins 3
Canadiens 0

This. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Matthias wrote:Huh? Didn't the Celtics win the championship last year? Doesn't that count for like 45?

I suddenly find myself agreeing with Cadens Dad. Was he the one that said you're about as sharp as a butter knife? :-?

bygones :-]

mweir145 wrote:KG and the Celtics already proved me wrong last year when they won the title.

Stick up for yourself dude. Only a wuss bails on an untenable postion after only 2 years.

mweird145 wrote:Bruins 3
Canadiens 0

and the Leafs...how many?

the Habs actually have 24 (and Boston has 5)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:43 am

Stick up for yourself dude. Only a wuss bails on an untenable postion after only 2 years.

I'm not ashamed about being wrong about Kevin Garnett's effect on the Celtics. He is everything that Chris Bosh isn't (a defensive leader who plays with intensity).

and the Leafs...how many?

You know as well as anybody that the Leafs weren't trying to make the playoffs this year. The Habs, on the other hand, were a failure of epic proportion.

the Habs actually have 24 (and Boston has 5)

You sound like a Yankees fan bringing up their history of success. Nobody cares. Boston owned Montreal, they are better.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 am

Matthias wrote:And isn't mweir's argument basically that the Raptors are filled with a bunch of guys who are all slightly above average so it doesn't matter if one gets injured, because they have another?

Colangelo really managed to screw up that team's depth in a little over a year. The Raptors are once again the directionless franchise they've always been. I just hope they tank next year and get John Wall...
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Garnett out for the playoffs.

"It's not official that he's out for the entire playoffs, but it's official as far as I'm concerned," Rivers said yesterday. "I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it."

mweir145 wrote:Injuries would dreadfully cripple a team like Boston's where they have absolutely nobody good to back up their stars. A team like the Raptors on the other hand, probably wouldn't have a huge problem, and would be able to sustain their level until the players come back (like last year, when the team lost Bosh, Ford, Bargnani, and Garbajosa for extended periods of time over the course of the year, and still managed to have a 47 win season).

mweir = 0
Celtics = #17

Fixed :-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 pm

I actually decided to read this thread over. It wasn't like Mookie's opinion was different than mine.

Mookie4ever wrote:Are Garnett, Pierce and Allen better than Jefferson, Carter and Kidd? Better than Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell 7 years ago? Just throwing together 3 veteran all stars does not make a good team.

The Celts may make the playoffs for a few years but they are not a top 2 team in the East by a long shot. The Cavs, Bulls, Raptors, Nets are still better and the Heat and Pistons are just as good as the new Celtics.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby bigken117 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:49 am

mweir145 wrote:I actually decided to read this thread over. It wasn't like Mookie's opinion was different than mine.

Mookie4ever wrote:Are Garnett, Pierce and Allen better than Jefferson, Carter and Kidd? Better than Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell 7 years ago? Just throwing together 3 veteran all stars does not make a good team.

The Celts may make the playoffs for a few years but they are not a top 2 team in the East by a long shot. The Cavs, Bulls, Raptors, Nets are still better and the Heat and Pistons are just as good as the new Celtics.

Haha. Mookie :-°

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Has the irony that both Garnett and Big Al suffered a season ending knee injury this year? I think not.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm

kab21 wrote:Has the irony that both Garnett and Big Al suffered a season ending knee injury this year? I think not.

Has the irony what?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:28 pm

bigken117 wrote:
kab21 wrote:Has the irony that both Garnett and Big Al suffered a season ending knee injury this year? I think not.

Has the irony what?

I think that it's pretty evident. Good point kab, that is very ironic.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk