Seinfeld - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Seinfeld

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Seinfeld

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:25 pm

You'll probably find alot of people who agree with Seinfeld being the best Comedy show here at the Cafe. From the Vote-Off:

Final result
1. Seinfeld
2. The Simpsons
3. Family Guy
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm
5. South Park
6. Arrested Development
7. Saturday Night Live
8. Dave Chapelle Show
9. Cheers
10. Mr. Show
11. The Cosby Show
12. Futurama
13. Mad TV
14. Friends
15. Fraiser

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dclark0699 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:00 pm

Did anyone watch Sports Night for the two seasons it was on? I really liked that show, but poor ratings and the writer moving on to the West Wing killed it off pretty quick. I good combo of Drama and Comedy, along with Sports.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:44 pm

i just saw "The Maid" or whatever episode it's called the other day...that may be the best Seinfeld episode ever...a lot of times certain plot points from the shows run through my head, but i always forget that one has so many good ones

Jerry paying his maid for sex

Elaine losing here number, getting a new area code and then getting an old area code number back from a dead lady who's grandson keeps calling "Do you hate me because of my lazy eye"

George fighting for the T-bone nick-name and ending up with Koko

Kramer doing whatever the hell he does in that episode...

the sitting at the counter instead of the table "telephone" gag is great as well "Newman died?"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i just saw "The Maid" or whatever episode it's called the other day...that may be the best Seinfeld episode ever...a lot of times certain plot points from the shows run through my head, but i always forget that one has so many good ones

Jerry paying his maid for sex

Elaine losing here number, getting a new area code and then getting an old area code number back from a dead lady who's grandson keeps calling "Do you hate me because of my lazy eye"

George fighting for the T-bone nick-name and ending up with Koko

Kramer doing whatever the hell he does in that episode...

the sitting at the counter instead of the table "telephone" gag is great as well "Newman died?"

yes! one of my favorite episodes too. ;-D ;-D ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:58 pm

Hellllooooo, Newman!

Best. Show. Ever.

;-D
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby great gretzky » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:57 am

I love Seinfeld (personal favorite is Kenny Rogers chicken), but I was thinking the other day that it already felt dated. I was in the sweet spot of the curve since it hit is prime when I was in high school and college) but man, its distracting to see the jeans w/white sneakers, the terrible cordless phones, etc. It's top five, but I personally prefer the simpsons. I think south Park is a sleeper, but its too bad because many people just think its all poop jokes, and don't know that it is very satirical.

The thing with Friends is, it could have been awesome. The first season or so was funny, and the Chandler/Joey stuff was usually pretty good. But it devolved into more of a soap opera. If it would have been able to straddle the line, it would have been perfect since both sexes would have loved it. But it became too girlie.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:27 am

teddy ballgame wrote:It's alright. I usually watch it with my dad after dinner because reruns are on from 6:00 - 7:30. It's funny but not best show ever funny IMO.

P.S. I find it interesting you're a Cubs - Yankees fan. I'm a Red Sox - Cardinals fan myself. :*)

So who did you root for in 2004? :-?

I'd have to say the Simpsons is definitely up there as one of the greatest TV shows.

Of the more recent shows, I am a big Scrubs fan. I hear this could be the last season, though. They've had a nice run.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk