Mark Teixeira - reevaluation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Teixeira - reevaluation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Teixeira - reevaluation

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:00 pm

assuming he goes to ATL, does his value decrease a little? doesn't turner field sap some left handed power? i thought texas was one of the better places to put up huge offensive #s, if he can't do it there how's he going to do it in ATL?

also, is teix of 06 and 07 the real teix, and not the 05 one? i ask because this the trend is he's turning into more of a doubles hitter than home run hitter. also he seems to go into long stretches where he goes through a HR drought. for example, he hit just 1 HR in 64 july ABs and in april, he only hit 2 HRs from 91 ABs not hitting a HR for the first 26 days of the season.

during preseason, he was going in the 2nd round in many leagues. a lot of people thought teix was back after a solid 2nd half last yr and thought it was going to continue. he obviously hasn't and his stock has seriously fallen. where do you place teix now among the 1B? i think guys like morneau, lee, hafner, fielder, konerko are all ahead of him now leaving him at the bottom of the 1B second tier.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers