Is he injured, is he still with the team
birdbrains
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: whats the story with Hrden

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:40 pm

The only true way to get true and valid Harden answers are to get one of those "Magic 8 Balls" made by Mattel that give answers to questions on the bottom....then ask away.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby x_Momentum » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:56 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:The only true way to get true and valid Harden answers are to get one of those "Magic 8 Balls" made by Mattel that give answers to questions on the bottom....then ask away.

hahaha ;-D
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Big Train » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:26 am

Here's a quote from the most recent article about Harden:

SEATTLE - Rich Harden would love nothing more than to leave the disabled list behind for good.

In trying to do that, he said he'll take a more gradual approach in his comeback from his right-shoulder injury, which has put him on the disabled list twice and kept him out for the majority of the season.

Harden believes he came back too quickly in his first rehab stint, which sidelined him from April 16 to June 21. The A's had Harden pitch in relief upon his return to build up his arm strength with an eye toward starting, rather than have him take his time with a series of minor league starts.

"I came back a little quick," Harden said. "I was feeling great. It seemed like the right thing to come out of the 'pen. I want to be out there. But these injuries, you lose a lot of muscle control. That's what prevents injuries. It's just as important as the injury itself."

Harden said preparing to relieve is a quicker process that puts more strain on the arm than getting ready to start. But he was on board with the plan because the team was missing Huston Street and Justin Duchscherer, who were both injured at the time.

"I don't think my body was ready for that, another few weeks and I would have been fine," Harden said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/athleticshea ... ci_6487007

So, he was out for more than 2 months but he claims that even this was too quick and that he would have needed another few weeks (late July) to be ready to go. Now he says that he'll take "a more gradual approach" following his recent setback?

Hmmm. Let's find that "Drop Players" link on my team page. Click. See ya, Rich. :-C
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Danger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:34 am

I'll never believe Harden again. He had the whole offseason to recover and he came into this season completely healthy and he still ends up injured. The problem is not whether he comes back too soon from an injury or not, the fact is his body hits a ceiling after a certain IP and gets injured again.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby checkers » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:23 pm

Is this guy out for the year? thinking of dropping him for Loaiza if he's done
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:27 pm

They moved him to the 60-day DL today, which means he can't come off the DL till the second week of September, although there is nothing that suggests that he's gonna come off the DL at that time.

I'm tempted to drop him as well...
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wildbill » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:56 pm

At least in non-keepers you have to be crazy or the most desperate fantasy baseball player ever to be holding onto Hardin at this point. Well, actually we passed that point quite some time ago. The As have no reason to use him again this season. They aren't going to the playoffs and therefore have no reason to risk next season, not that anyone is thinking he won't have health problems then as well, but playing him this year increases the chances of him playing less time next year. I just don't see any rational reason for them to play Hardin again this year because even if they did bring him back with the intention to build offseason trade value, how much could he really build in 2 weeks?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates