Jose: I got 'Stuff' on A-Rod----- - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose: I got 'Stuff' on A-Rod-----

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose: I got 'Stuff' on A-Rod-----

Postby markj11 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:23 am

A-Rod slept with other players wives. Mr. "Rick Vaughn".
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 am

ARod is clean.

As Colin Cowherd said on his show this morning. There are some things you just don't save for the sequel. If ARod was ARoid, that would have been book 1. It's almost insulting the general public's intelligence to insinuate that A. There's going to be anything about steroids and ARod in book 2, or B. That he would have left the ARod stuff out of book 1 intentionally to save it for book 2.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 227)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Arod hit 57 hr's as a twig
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Chicago RedSox » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:who cares? would it really surprise anyone if 100 % of players were using ?

I care, so do most people. If nobody cared, Jose wouldn't bother writing the book. And yes, it would absolutely suprsie me to hear 100% of players are/were using.

If Jose really cared about cleaing up baseball, or righting his wrongs, he'd just hold a press conference and talk openly about anything and everything. But he's not. He's looking for money which IMO makes his intentions questionable at best. I'm willing to bet that if this book does well, he'll try writing another one, and preface the release with a teaser about another big sports star.
Last edited by Chicago RedSox on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ScrappyDoo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:44 pm

There is no way in my opinion that he did Steroids. He probably is just addicted to hookers and strippers.

Who isnt?
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jimmyfunk » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:56 pm

while I am glad many of the things that Canseco brought to light have since been exposed and proven... he is entering dangerous territory because most of the things that he will be speaking about have to be based upon circumstantial evidence...

I guess everyone (Canseco included) is entitled to their opinion and their own interpretation of their experiences... but throwing around accusations based on anything less than 100% verifiable fact is malicious and not worthy of recognition.
jimmyfunk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:00 pm

ScrappyDoo wrote:There is no way in my opinion that he did Steroids. He probably is just addicted to hookers and strippers.

Who isnt?

So he's got politicians disease
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:24 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:ARod is clean.

As Colin Cowherd said on his show this morning. There are some things you just don't save for the sequel. If ARod was ARoid, that would have been book 1. It's almost insulting the general public's intelligence to insinuate that A. There's going to be anything about steroids and ARod in book 2, or B. That he would have left the ARod stuff out of book 1 intentionally to save it for book 2.

maybe he "liked" A-Rod as a player or protected him. And maybe he does not care about A-Rod now as a player or person....thus the reason for the expose. :-?

or he is looking at the opportunity to make mucho $$$$$ :-t
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 14)

Postby AdvRider » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:31 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:ARod is clean.

I heard Cowherd make that argument on the radio and just shook my head. It’s plain dumb. :-B

Canseco’s book “Juiced” is published in 2005. Subsequently, Canseco gets all sorts of calls and emails from MLB people. One or more say, “Hey José, I got the poop on ARod, he was using x y and z.”

If Canseco has damaging info on ARod, he got it after “Juiced” was published. I’m not suggesting he does, but if he does, he got it post-publication.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 18)

Postby hot4tx » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:53 pm

I thought the first Canseco book was supposed to be a "Tell all" book? So if he had something on Arod but didn't put it in there, then it wasn't exactly telling it all. Crap, this is like that whole "Never ending story fiasco all over again!"

Seriously though, after the Raffy thing I can't just discount Jose but I do think it's odd that he wouldn't have put Arod in the first book. I mean he had no idea it would go over as big as it had, so he had no reason to hold anything back especially if he had knowledge about one of the biggest current stars. Also that he would lie to his mama for $5. Just makes he cautious in believing him.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 208)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers