Jose: I got 'Stuff' on A-Rod----- - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose: I got 'Stuff' on A-Rod-----

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose: I got 'Stuff' on A-Rod-----

Postby beezer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Most of you obviously didn't hear Canseco's interview on WEEI. He NEVER said A-Rod took steriods. All he said about A-Rod, is that "he is not who he seems to be." When his first book came out, he couldn't reveal everything he has witnessed because of the ongoing Balco litigation. He said that in his second book, many more names and stories will be coming. This brings us back to A-Rod. Are you telling me that there is no chance that A-Rod has taken some kind of performance-enhancing substances? Has anyone seen this guy without a baseball uniform on? He is absolutely JACKED! And those little flick-of-the-wrist-opposite-field-home runs! I'm not saying he is guilty, but, if anyone should be under the microscope, it is him!! Like an earlier post stated, everyone laughed when Canseco said Palmeiro juiced. Does A-Rod look bigger than Raffy did? You bet he does. EVERYONE in baseball has to be looked at as a possible user. It's unfair to the ones that haven't juiced, but that's where we are at right now.

I think we are discrediting Canseco's information based on his personality and his vendetta against MLB for being black listed. That doesn't mean he is lying. If he is lying, there will obviously he lawsuits against him forthcoming. He is the only one so far besides Jason Grimsley to have the balls to come out and tell stories of what he has seen or done. MLB and the MLBPA has gagged everyone to say nothing. It will all come out sooner or later. Kudos to Jose to get the ball rolling to help clean up the game. So what if he makes some money on a book deal. Everyone involved with MLB is cashing in.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Field » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:13 pm

byfrcp wrote:So when exactly did Jose learn that A-Rod was taking "stuff"? I guess he just didn't find it interesting enough to put in his book...

Exactly.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Athrun340 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:18 pm

Are you telling me that there is no chance that A-Rod has taken some kind of performance-enhancing substances? Has anyone seen this guy without a baseball uniform on? He is absolutely JACKED!

how about football players? theyre just as big as Arod?
^^Ty Smoovethug^^
Athrun340
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:28 pm

There was another interesting tidbit in that interview with Jose on WEEI. Sean McAdam mentioned his identical brother Ozzie who was a career minor leaguer and played in only a handful of major league games. Sean asked Jose if Ozzie took steroids and Jose declined to comment. So whats the big deal? Two guys with the exact same genetic makeup and one takes steroids and the other one presumably didnt leads to the assumption that steroids do make a difference. One guy one an MVP and the other one started a couple of games for the Cardinals. Jose also said that he wouldnt have been able to play baseball without steroids. He had a history of back injuries and four surgeries on his back.

Why did Jose bring up A-Rod though? A-Rod and him were friends (as some probably already know) but A-Rod turned on him and became a "politician" (Jose's words). Was Jose's comment out of spite or does he really know something? I bet the majority of people who posted in this thread will buy the book to get that answer.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Somewhere I read that ARod spends the off season pushing tackling sleds around a highschool football field and otherwise working out like crazy. It is possible to be big without being guilty.

Perhaps Canseco has some other sort of dirt involving strippers or something like that? That might be more in line w/ some recent ARod antics... :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby K_Zone » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:40 pm

I am more interested in finding out the front office names involved. The steroid era can almost entirely be blamed on lax management and commissioner. They needed to put butts in seats and the long ball did it. Now they act like they had no idea and this is all news to them, F those suits. Not saying steriods weren't being used before then but when other players started to see how Sosa, McGuire, and Bonds were being idolized and not one GM was talking about using, how many other players said hey i can turn flyballs into HRs too.
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

Postby colt4523 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 pm

I think if it was steroid related he would have mentioned in his first book. I wouldn't be surprised if it was infidelity or an addiction to hookers }:-)
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:47 pm

beezer wrote:Most of you obviously didn't hear Canseco's interview on WEEI. He NEVER said A-Rod took steriods. All he said about A-Rod, is that "he is not who he seems to be." When his first book came out, he couldn't reveal everything he has witnessed because of the ongoing Balco litigation. He said that in his second book, many more names and stories will be coming. This brings us back to A-Rod. Are you telling me that there is no chance that A-Rod has taken some kind of performance-enhancing substances? Has anyone seen this guy without a baseball uniform on? He is absolutely JACKED! And those little flick-of-the-wrist-opposite-field-home runs! I'm not saying he is guilty, but, if anyone should be under the microscope, it is him!! Like an earlier post stated, everyone laughed when Canseco said Palmeiro juiced. Does A-Rod look bigger than Raffy did? You bet he does. EVERYONE in baseball has to be looked at as a possible user. It's unfair to the ones that haven't juiced, but that's where we are at right now.

I think we are discrediting Canseco's information based on his personality and his vendetta against MLB for being black listed. That doesn't mean he is lying. If he is lying, there will obviously he lawsuits against him forthcoming. He is the only one so far besides Jason Grimsley to have the balls to come out and tell stories of what he has seen or done. MLB and the MLBPA has gagged everyone to say nothing. It will all come out sooner or later. Kudos to Jose to get the ball rolling to help clean up the game. So what if he makes some money on a book deal. Everyone involved with MLB is cashing in.

Read the bold
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby colt4523 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:02 pm

He never mentioned before that he could not name names because of Balco. It is not like Jose wouldn't take the opportunity to promote another book before the first one hit the stands.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:09 pm

Athrun340 wrote:
Are you telling me that there is no chance that A-Rod has taken some kind of performance-enhancing substances? Has anyone seen this guy without a baseball uniform on? He is absolutely JACKED!

how about football players? theyre just as big as Arod?

And many many many football players ARE using steroids and HGH. The testing in football is very flawed and they still catch guys like Merriman and Julius Peppers using banned substances.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers