Pat Burrell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pat Burrell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mocabeenow » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:59 am

since Patty Fat Fat screwed me by whiffin' at every single pitch last season. I hate him! I will never draft him again. Even if he hits 70 HR's this year. He's a curse!
~Moc
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 191)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guinness13 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:00 pm

I'll also tell you this, Sosa's the same way. If his average continues to drop even if he hits 50 HR's and knocks in 125 he'll be nothing more than an average OF. The fact is, any gains you'll have from Sosa or Burrell's HR's and RBI's will be negated by their lack of average and SB's. I practically scream every time I see Sosa going in the second round in these mock drafts. You're practically throwing away your pick is you ask me. You'll probably be hardly no worse off in overall numbers taking Burnitz late in the draft than you'd be taking Sosa. HR's and RBI's are way over valued. Stay away from these types I tell you. Stay away.

Do you think Sosa is worth a 2nd round pick in a H2H league with standard scoring??
Guinness for Strength!!
Guinness13
College Coach
College Coach

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:01 pm

Guinness13 wrote:
Do you think Sosa is worth a 2nd round pick in a H2H league with standard scoring??

Yes
i'll take his .280-50-120 anyday!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby mocabeenow » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:03 pm

i play point-based. Bring on the homeruns!!! That's all i care about. Takes care of all my other stats.
~Moc
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Postby Erboes » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:08 pm

stumpak wrote:I agree--I make this point in rergard to guys like Derrick Lee all the time. People get all ga-ga because he COULD hit 5-10 more HRs and a few more RBI now that he is playing at Wrigley, but in terms of total value, I believe this will be completely off-set by the fact that he will steel 10 fewer bases than last year, meaning that in terms of overall value, he could actually be worth less or at best the same this season, even if fulfills the HR potential that people project him having.

Agreed. He's have to hit many more HR's to offset the lose in SB's if that drop does incur, which I have little doubt it will; however, a rise in average could offset the loss in SB's. In fact, I have him going down to 11 SB's but his average up to .288 with a few more RBI's and HR's, which puts him squarely at the $28 value he was last season. Still good, but not worth the hype the move is getting.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers