Wiggington traded for Wheeler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wiggington traded for Wheeler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wiggington traded for Wheeler

Postby colt4523 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:15 pm

So Wiggington now becomes a platoon player? If so he becomes useless to me :-t

I also like to mention how rotoworld didn't even mention houston ;-7
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:27 pm

colt4523 wrote:So Wiggington now becomes a platoon player? If so he becomes useless to me :-t

I also like to mention how rotoworld didn't even mention houston ;-7

That's because no one thought they'd be this stupid :-D
All good money was on Wiggy becoming a DH somewhere. Not chucked on the infield pile-up at Houston.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Any chance of this move speeding up the Promotion of Longoria to play 3rd for the Rays?
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:55 pm

Dr. StrangeGlove wrote:Any chance of this move speeding up the Promotion of Longoria to play 3rd for the Rays?

It does seem like they are somewhat cleaning house with Wiggy and Cantu being traded. But they still have Iwamura standing in the way with Upton fully entrenched @ 2B. Though, if they move an OF byt trade or to DH by trading Gomes they could move Upton to the OF and then Iwamura to 2B with Longoria going to 3B. I suppose Iwamura could play a decent SS with Harris looking somewhat like a pumpkin after his hot start though I'm not sure of Iwamura's range @ SS but I know he played it some in Japan. But then what do you do with Brignac who is finally on fire in the minors? I suppose its a good problem to happen. My head hurts some :-°
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:30 pm

With the way Brignac has played as of late, we could possibly see both him and Longoria up very soon in Tampa. Wigginton was a good leader for the team with his veteran presence, but Longoria is pushing hard, so lets get him up there and see what he can do. I wonder if our 25 man roster right now would have a payroll of $10 million. :-o Time for Iwamura to slide over to 2nd and get Longoria's clock starting.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stromadd » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Biggio is retiring, Lamb is a FA, and Loretta and Ensberg are actively being shopped. It appears very likely that Loretta or Ensberg is going to be moved in the next few days and depending on what happens the stros have insurance for next year. Worst case they'll have wiggington at third, everett at short, burke at second and berkman at first.
stromadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 pm

Wow, I think I finally found a MLB team that obviously hurts both teams involved. :-b

So I assume this means Lidge's job becomes much safer, correct?
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Dr. StrangeGlove wrote:Any chance of this move speeding up the Promotion of Longoria to play 3rd for the Rays?

It does seem like they are somewhat cleaning house with Wiggy and Cantu being traded. But they still have Iwamura standing in the way with Upton fully entrenched @ 2B. Though, if they move an OF byt trade or to DH by trading Gomes they could move Upton to the OF and then Iwamura to 2B with Longoria going to 3B. I suppose Iwamura could play a decent SS with Harris looking somewhat like a pumpkin after his hot start though I'm not sure of Iwamura's range @ SS but I know he played it some in Japan. But then what do you do with Brignac who is finally on fire in the minors? I suppose its a good problem to happen. My head hurts some :-°

Havok Upton is entrenchd at CF not 2B. Aki will slide over to 2B, but not this season. Evan is still in AA and they want him to play in AAA before he comes up and he has said that he needs more time. Also, Reyes is not a FA after this year, we own his rights through next year just like Pena so we do not have trade him either. Brignac is finally on fire, but in AA just like Evan so he wont be up this season either.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby John Bonzo » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:49 pm

stromadd wrote:Biggio is retiring, Lamb is a FA, and Loretta and Ensberg are actively being shopped.

To add to this, Loretta is also a FA after the season, and there's no way they are resigning Ensberg or offering him arbitration for his last eligible year. This was a trade for the future...the Astros see Wiggington as their primary 3rd baseman for the next couple of years (arbitration eligible through 2009 season), including the rest of this year. Ensberg will be traded for whatever they can get for him or even possibly outright released after the deadline. He already only starts against lefties. He has no future in Houston. I can see Lamb getting more starts at 1B now with Berkman getting more starts in RF.

This deal is an "if" for this season and a "when" for going forward.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:07 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Havok Upton is entrenchd at CF not 2B. Aki will slide over to 2B, but not this season. Evan is still in AA and they want him to play in AAA before he comes up and he has said that he needs more time. Also, Reyes is not a FA after this year, we own his rights through next year just like Pena so we do not have trade him either. Brignac is finally on fire, but in AA just like Evan so he wont be up this season either.

Well, when Baldelli comes back Upton likely goes to 2B. Also, Reyes is in fact a pending FA after this year with a team option.
http://www.mlb4u.com/profile.php?id=1642
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers