Team sitting in 7th,playoff spot very close, hows it lookin? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team sitting in 7th,playoff spot very close, hows it lookin?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team sitting in 7th,playoff spot very close, hows it lookin?

Postby baseballstud » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:17 am

I am sitting just outside of the playoffs right now and I think I have a pretty decent chance at making it. What do you guys think about this team and its chances to really make a run at things? I just traded Hideki Matsui for John Lackey yesterday, I really needed another strong starter. Let me know what you guys think is good and what I could improve on to really make this a solid staff.

5x5 12 man H2H league.

C-Johnny Estrada
1b-Travis Hafner
2b-Julio Lugo
3b-Garrett Atkins
SS-Bill Hall
OF-Grady Sizemore
OF-Alex Rios
OF-Chris Duncan
Util-Mark Teixiera

SP's-Halladay,Webb,Lackey,McGowan,Billingsley,Vargas
RP-Reyes,Gregg,Hennessey
DL-Ben Sheets
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Team sitting in 7th,playoff spot very close, hows it lookin?

Postby sandman042 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:27 am

ur team should def be in a higher place than 7th. w/ slow starts from atkins/hall/lugo/hafner/ and teixera's injury ur team lost alot of offense. ur starting staff is fine but u def need an upgrade in closer badly. i think one big bat and a solid closer like a hoffman would put u in playoffs easily. also hope hafner turns it around for u he really disappointed this season.
\

thanks for the help.
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby schmidty » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:10 pm

So you're carrying no hitting bench at all? One util might help you out in H2H weeks, and should almost come out to having the same PT as other starters with days off and benching guys because of bad matchups (like Duncan against lefties). What does the FA list look like? A good pickup should be able to add at least 4 runs/rbis and maybe a HR/SB while not hurting your AVG. Fighting for a playoff spot, those little things can mean an extra win here and there and can make all the difference. Vargas would be the guy I'd drop to make room.

Otherwise the hitting lineup looks strong ... just lots of injuries and underperformances. Pitching looks good for a 12-team league, and keep your fingers crossed for Sheets to come back. RPs aren't so hot, but it's probably the best you can do at this point.

I think you have a good shot at making the playoffs. It's certainly a solid rounded team that looks better than many with better rankings. I like the trade you did ... you got something valuable while not hurting your lineup.

Look at mine please: viewtopic.php?t=310093
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby seniorpaul » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Thanks for you help with mine...

You look to be in a VERY similar situation that i am. Some of the players that we have aren't producing the way we expected before the season. I think your offense is pretty solid (especially if Hafner/Tex can pick it up a bit, and Hall's ankel injury dosen't affect him). Your pitching also looks pretty solid. Halladay hasn't been the dominating pitcher of years past, but hes still an ace. The addition of lackey should definatly help you out. And if/when Sheets comes back, your rotation looks real solid. As someone else mentioned, your closers are probably an area of concern, but really not that bad.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby killahurtz » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:03 pm

You have a solid team right now but It might be little too late. Your pitching is good but nothing to bragg about. It all depends on the two teams in front of you.
16 Team Head-to-Head
killahurtz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team