Yahoo feature that could use improvement - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo feature that could use improvement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo feature that could use improvement

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:56 am

I have a trade pending in one league that involves me getting two players for one. I picked up Maicer Izturis just two days ago and had to drop him in my pending trade. I kind of want to keep him now (deep league) and the trade is still pending. I can't, however select another player to drop instead,

He will probably clear waivers and I'll get him back, but I'll have to wait three days even if that I do get him back, during which time, he may continue to hit and get noticed by other teams.

I would like to pick a different player to drop, but I appear to be roped in to this one. Does anybody know of a way I can drop someone else?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo feature that could use improvement

Postby BravesGuy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:37 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:I would like to pick a different player to drop, but I appear to be roped in to this one. Does anybody know of a way I can drop someone else?

Not possible, sorry man.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:05 am

I don't think that needs improvement. You make a decision, you must stick with it. Plain and simple.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Rounders » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:15 am

pokerplaya wrote:I don't think that needs improvement. You make a decision, you must stick with it. Plain and simple.

Yup, it's a part of the trade, just like you can't change the players you're getting or sending to the other team.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 pm

Rounders wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I don't think that needs improvement. You make a decision, you must stick with it. Plain and simple.

Yup, it's a part of the trade, just like you can't change the players you're getting or sending to the other team.

Sure but the drop isn't particularly relevant to everyone else. It would be a matter of convenience, considering there is a waiting period for trades processing. If it processed instantaneously, it would be a non-issue. I liken it to being able to change your mind on who to drop when posting a waiver claim. In either case, it isn't a big deal. Kinsler is coming off the DL like 2 days after it processes anyhow so I'll have another 2B. I'm just saying I'm not gaining a competitive advantage by changing my mind on the roster balancing element of the transaction.

The trade is the part that is everyone else's business, the drop is my own business.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:06 pm

One thing I've done in the past is to not specify a player to drop as part of the trade, but then I double back and make a roster spot the day before the trade goes through...but it's been a while since I've had to drop a player as part of a trade so maybe you can't do it anymore...but food for thought.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:55 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:One thing I've done in the past is to not specify a player to drop as part of the trade, but then I double back and make a roster spot the day before the trade goes through...but it's been a while since I've had to drop a player as part of a trade so maybe you can't do it anymore...but food for thought.

Ahh, that's a good idea. In this case it would have been the same result, but yeah... for next time.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Knights » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:25 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:One thing I've done in the past is to not specify a player to drop as part of the trade, but then I double back and make a roster spot the day before the trade goes through...but it's been a while since I've had to drop a player as part of a trade so maybe you can't do it anymore...but food for thought.

I don't think you can do that... I'm pretty sure you're forced to drop a player to balance off your roster if need be.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Bwanna » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:03 pm

Knights wrote:

I don't think you can do that... I'm pretty sure you're forced to drop a player to balance off your roster if need be.

Yeah, unfortunately you are.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Yeah, I hear you. It's a very rare occurence that I'm on the larger side of a 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deal.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers