could there be hope? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

could there be hope?

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

could there be hope?

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:33 pm

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/07/24/Rays/ ... ry__.shtml

An interesting read. Friedman has the money to get a core player, but for some reason I don't think this trading deadline is the time to spend the money. With lots of teams still in the thick of the playoff race, I would think the prices would be a bit cheaper for us this offseason then right now in July. It is good though that Friedman thinks he can go after something good for the team though.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: could there be hope?

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:54 am

I hope so. I was at the game last night. Front row in the Outfield an when Maddon came out to replace Hammel you could just see the disgust in Crawford and BJs faces. Than after he gave up the home run Crawford and Upton's responses were very telling of "yep. Here we go again." I think they need to do something to show they are committed.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: could there be hope?

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:51 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I hope so. I was at the game last night. Front row in the Outfield an when Maddon came out to replace Hammel you could just see the disgust in Crawford and BJs faces. Than after he gave up the home run Crawford and Upton's responses were very telling of "yep. Here we go again." I think they need to do something to show they are committed.

That tells you just how bad our pen really is. Hammel is a decent pitcher but nothing all too great. I think in the future, he would be a great asset to our pen, but on a super competitive team he should not be a starter.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Tampa Bay Rays