Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby pat189 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 pm

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_to ... on_DL.html

"the team finds out that centerfielder Aaron Rowand would miss tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates because he injured his left shoulder playing tag with his kids at a neighborhood barbecue Thursday night. It is the same shoulder he had surgery on in 2001 and is expected to be day-to-day."
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 430
Joined: 23 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby wildbill » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:50 pm

What an idiot! Looks like Mr. Murphy has the Phillies number this year.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:25 pm

:-C
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:54 pm

Professional athletes shouldn't have kids. Ask Junior.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 260
Joined: 8 May 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby smoovethug » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:05 pm

One of the funnier injuries this year.

Rowand said he "tweaked" his left shoulder while playing tag with neighborhood kids after Thursday's game, and was day to day.

Rowand felt something wrong when he swiped at one of the kids.

"I smacked him on the butt," he said. "I caught it on the wrong angle."


http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8955
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby shasty mcnasty » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 pm

bwahahahaha...only rowand. this won't stop dopey whitesox fans from dreaming of the day when the stars are once again aligned, when all is right with the world...the day Rowand is back to take bad angles to the wall he is about to run into... }:-)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1206
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:14 pm

smoovethug wrote:One of the funnier injuries this year.

Rowand said he "tweaked" his left shoulder while playing tag with neighborhood kids after Thursday's game, and was day to day.

Rowand felt something wrong when he swiped at one of the kids.

"I smacked him on the butt," he said. "I caught it on the wrong angle."

Poor kid's butt.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5653
(Past Year: 257)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:31 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:bwahahahaha...only rowand. this won't stop dopey whitesox fans from dreaming of the day when the stars are once again aligned, when all is right with the world...the day Rowand is back to take bad angles to the wall he is about to run into... }:-)

:-? rowand is very good manning cf for us. dont be jealous. hows gavin floyd treatin ya }:-)
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby baseballstud » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:bwahahahaha...only rowand. this won't stop dopey whitesox fans from dreaming of the day when the stars are once again aligned, when all is right with the world...the day Rowand is back to take bad angles to the wall he is about to run into... }:-)

:-? rowand is very good manning cf for us. dont be jealous. hows gavin floyd treatin ya }:-)



haha floyd, the 2nd most hated high draft pick from recent years on the phils, I think phils fans know who the #1 is ;-)
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1531
(Past Year: 39)
Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rowand DTD, Hurt from playing tag with kids

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:47 pm

i never hated floyd. he was so hyped up coming up that i thought we have the next big thing. gavin, hamels, brett myers atop of the rotation was something great to look forward to. but after seeing gaving crying his eyes out after allowing a few ER's, it was time to go.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact