What's wrong with this team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's wrong with this team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's wrong with this team

Postby Chris » Mon May 13, 2002 4:06 pm

My team is 6th in a highly-competitive 10-team 5x5 roto ESPN league. I know this team shouldn't be 1st, but I need some help with it. Here's the lineup:

P- Zito, Lieber, Hoffman, Percival, Russ Ortiz, Armas jr., Leiter, Appier, Beckett
Bench- (IR) Benson

C- Fick
1b- Delgado
2b- Castillo
3b- Rolen
Ss- Nomar
Of- Carlos Lee, Mondesi, Dye, Trot Nixon, Brian Jordan
2b/Ss- Vina
1b/3b- Konerko
Util.- Lowell
Bench- Manny Ramirez

I am dominating in Runs, RBI, Average with 8's or better. I have 6's in HR, WHIP, and Wins. I have 2 roster sports open and the best hitters ( %-6 ) are Gibbons, David Bell, Marty Cordova, Rondell White, Craig Counsell. Best pitchers are Radke, Daal, Sheets, Juan Cruz, Rodrigo Lopez, Jarrod Washburn. Any of these players worth picking up? I need help desperately and if you see any players I should try dealing and places I should try to improve, let me know.
HELP

Thanks Much
Chris
Chris
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

cold

Postby cwebb » Mon May 13, 2002 6:20 pm

Some of your guys simply have started out cold, your OF doesn't look too good but should keep you in the middle of the pack easily!

Manny won't help you much, but the guys on the wire don't look great, too, maybe take a flier on some young guys...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon May 13, 2002 8:01 pm

Don't panic. You have a solid core, although I agree that a bit of tweaking would help. Losing Ramirez hurts a lot. cwebb's right though - some of your guys should bounce back from slow starts soon (see Rolen's average :-[ ).

Anyway, areas I'd try to pursue are:

Any way to add another closer? Yes, I'm biased toward relievers, but I feel a 3rd closer would look very good on your team.

Of the guys you listed, I'd probably go for Washburn first, after which it gets tricky. Gibbons or Daal might be decent risks, but you may not have a second spot to fill with Benson coming back (Benson could certainly be a key component, too). However, if players such as Prior, Myers or Byrd are already available and haven't been gobbled up yet, I'd rather take a chance on a youngster.

Your foundation looks like it's in place - a risk or two will make more of a difference than following the party line and adding veterans who in all likelihood will only sit on your bench. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers