Piazza hit in head by bottle thrown from stands in Anahiem - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Piazza hit in head by bottle thrown from stands in Anahiem

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Piazza hit in head by bottle thrown from stands in Anahiem

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm surprised no body around here is talking about this:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... MP&type=as

Completely gutless thing to do. I guess since this didn't happen in NY or Boston it's not news though. It's good to see Piazza did the right thing, no chair throwing or charging into the stands.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Piazza hit in head by bottle thrown from stands in Anahiem

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 pm

I know at RFK they make you take the cap off, so that you can't throw it all that far.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:29 pm

completely gutless? its not like he threw a barbell at him. it was a water bottle. the fan shouldnt have done it, but im sure he knew piazza wouldnt have gotten hurt if he got hit by it. im not making excuses for the fan, but the guy isnt going to hell for this. he got kicked out of the stadium and was removed.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:31 pm

The guy is lucky Piazza didn't kick his ass.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dooz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:40 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:completely gutless? its not like he threw a barbell at him. it was a water bottle. the fan shouldnt have done it, but im sure he knew piazza wouldnt have gotten hurt if he got hit by it. im not making excuses for the fan, but the guy isnt going to hell for this. he got kicked out of the stadium and was removed.

Yeah, it is a gutless thing to do. Whether or not the guy is hell-bound because of this is irrelevant in the discussion of the amount of guts it takes to throw a water-bottle on the field. I also am not sure if the possibility of injury is relevant either. Plus, what if it had hit Piazza in the eye? By the way, it does sound like you are making excuses for the guy.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:51 pm

I was just watching TSN and sopposedly Piazza is going to press charges on the guy. Not a very smart thing to do..
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Re:

Postby dooz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:52 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:I was just watching TSN and sopposedly Piazza is going to press charges on the guy. Not a very smart thing to do..

Throw a bottle or press charges?
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Re:

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:03 pm

dooz wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:I was just watching TSN and sopposedly Piazza is going to press charges on the guy. Not a very smart thing to do..

Throw a bottle. I wouldn't it be smart not to press charges? I mean, I don't know if I would charge the guy if I was making millions of dollars, but he can if he wants.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby dooz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:12 pm

I'm with you all the way, I just wasn't sure what you meant by the wording you used.

The only reason (and even I feel like I'm clutching at straws here) not to press charges would be that Piazza might end up in ANA before the season is over and he wouldn't want to upset the home crowd. Even then, I'm sure there aren't many Angels' fans defending that POS.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Re:

Postby Eagle Baseball » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:01 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
dooz wrote:

Throw a bottle. I wouldn't it be smart not to press charges? I mean, I don't know if I would charge the guy if I was making millions of dollars, but he can if he wants.

I think charges need to be pressed. An example needs to be made of this guy. If not the next time it could be something worse.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers