Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheff?? Anybody??

Postby Rounders » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Ursa wrote:He's out again today. This is not good. :-o

He just got a cortisone shot, and Rotoworld said that he could return to the lineup this weekend. I don't think a DL stint will happen, but I expected he would be out of the lineup today.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Roto_Hu$tler » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:39 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Sheff's injury doesn't sound serious and it appears it was more of a night off:

Sheffield has soreness in his right shoulder and will take the night off with a day game on the agenda for Detroit on Thursday. The shoulder soreness does not appear to be anything serious, so he should be back in the lineup on Thursday.

I'm actually a little more worried about it. I guess he had to have another cortizone shot after the collision w/ Polanco..... Gary has alway's had shoulder issues...... Besides last year, he alway's played through the pain..... Just a thought, but in my 12 team mixed keeper league I ran out and grabbed Milledge...... He could be in line for some playing time the rest of the year w/ Alou alway's hurting, not to mention Beltran just got hurt......... Might be a slick fill-in while Sheff's situation shakes out....
Roto_Hu$tler
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Rounders » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Roto_Hu$tler wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Sheff's injury doesn't sound serious and it appears it was more of a night off:

Sheffield has soreness in his right shoulder and will take the night off with a day game on the agenda for Detroit on Thursday. The shoulder soreness does not appear to be anything serious, so he should be back in the lineup on Thursday.

I'm actually a little more worried about it. I guess he had to have another cortizone shot after the collision w/ Polanco..... Gary has alway's had shoulder issues...... Besides last year, he alway's played through the pain..... Just a thought, but in my 12 team mixed keeper league I ran out and grabbed Milledge...... He could be in line for some playing time the rest of the year w/ Alou alway's hurting, not to mention Beltran just got hurt......... Might be a slick fill-in while Sheff's situation shakes out....

He's notorious for playing through the pain, and being in the middle of a pennant race, I think he'll do the same. Last year when he got hurt, he said he was done playing through the pain and was going to wait until he heals, but I think that was more of not being completely happy in New York. It seems things are going well in Detroit for him, and I think he'll do what it takes to help them win.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Knicks4ever » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:43 am

Aug 1 Sheffield will see a doctor in Detroit once the team returns from an 11-game, 10-day road trip, which ended in a 3-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday.

Advice: Sheffield, who missed two games after getting a cortisone shot in his sore right shoulder last Wednesday in Chicago, finished the road trip with a .152 batting average (5-for-33). He acknowledged pain in his shoulder after getting one hit in 11 at-bats during the Oakland series. Sheffield has a history of shoulder problems dating to his days with the San Diego Padres.

anyone else worried now? Do u think this will be a lagging problem that will effect his production or even cause him to miss time?
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 5 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:59 am

I heard he's blaming the white trainer for not fixing his shoulder

Is this injury from when he actually played the field and collided with Polanco?
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ursa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:21 pm

[moan]My team is falling apart[/moan]
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:40 pm

5 wrote:I heard he's blaming the white trainer for not fixing his shoulder

Is this injury from when he actually played the field and collided with Polanco?

yep
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Tigers2006 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:03 pm

During the game yesterday afternoon on TV, the announcers were saying that he was going to visit a Doctor when they got back to Detroit ... and then ended it with, "he could be looking at a trip to the DL soon."
Tigers2006
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rails80 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Just traded Sheff for Johan a few days ago...I felt something was going wrong with him
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 257)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates