M.Teixeira to Braves, Angels or Dodgers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

M.Teixeira to Braves, Angels or Dodgers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

M.Teixeira to Braves, Angels or Dodgers?

Postby Roberto Clemente » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:13 am

Link here to an article in the Dallas Morning News dated today. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/072607dnsporangteixeira.aeab0031.html

Below is a copy and paste that covers the meat and potatoes of the rumors. The Braves deal does not sound too good to me. I am NOT sold on Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

>>The Dallas Morning News says the Rangers and Braves are "heavily involved" in talks that could result in a Mark Teixeira deal.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia looks like a lock to go in a Teixeira deal. The Braves might also willing to part with shortstop prospect Elvis Andrus and a pitcher -- probably either Kyle Davies or Matt Harrison -- if it gets them Teixeira and some relief help. Jo-Jo Reyes reportedly isn't on the table. The Dodgers are also very much in the mix, and the Angels are reportedly offering Casey Kotchman and either Terry Evans or Nathan Haynes for Teixeira. The Rangers would almost certainly want a better second player from the Angels. They're dreaming about getting local product Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers, but that's a long shot. James Loney likely would go the other way in any deal with the Dodgers. Jul. 25 - 7:52 pm et<<
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: M.Teixeira to Braves, Angels or Dodgers?

Postby ceLpH » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:56 am

Braves get a steal if Salty is the main piece in return

Id love the top half of the Braves order.... Renteria, Chip, Andruw, Francouer, Teix, McCann
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseballstud » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:10 am

I've also heard the BoSox being discussed in the deal somewhat. Anywhere Teix may go it will increase his fantasy value as he'll actually have other people who hit for power around him. The BoSox and Braves would really increase things with power and speed in front and behind him. Going to the Braves would hurt my Phillies though :-o
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby moozzy77 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:19 pm

Harris Rentaria Chipper Teix A.Jones McCann FranC K.Johnson!!!!!!!!! I think i just cam a little. PLEASEEEEE make this happy Salty Davies and somethin else for Teix and Otska??
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:01 pm

ceLpH wrote:Braves get a steal if Salty is the main piece in return

Id love the top half of the Braves order.... Renteria, Chip, Andruw, Francouer, Teix, McCann

Yeah, that's been my complaint the entire time i've heard the rumors of salty to texas in exchange for teix.
If salty is the best part of the deal then atlanta wins hands down, now if atlanta kicks in a better pitcher it won't be so bad.

I was really pulling for the dodgers and redsox to get into a bidding war because I like their top prospects best.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby x_Momentum » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:14 pm

I heard that the Angels are the most interested in getting him. Angels offense would be brought to a new level with Teix on the roster.
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby angels7777 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 pm

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_heyman/07/26/scoop.thursday/index.html

People familiar with the Mark Teixeira trade talks say the Angels are belying their usual California cool and being "very persistent" in their efforts to land the switch-hitting slugger, who would be the perfect complement to Vladimir Guerrero.

Texas may be able to pry young first baseman Casey Kotchman, perhaps right-hander Ervin Santana and a third big leaguer from Los Angeles of Anaheim for Teixeira. Which sounds like a pretty fair package from here, and word has it that the Angels might offer even more.
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Postby yossarian » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 pm

If Teix is moved, would it be worth grabbing Botts? I've read some good things about the kid.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rentz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:51 pm

yossarian wrote:If Teix is moved, would it be worth grabbing Botts? I've read some good things about the kid.

no, the team has said botts will not play first anymore. he's strictly an of/dh now..... they just need to get rid of sammy sosa to give botts the dh job
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby soty » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:09 pm

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan says the Angels and Braves are the front-runners for Mark Teixeira, with the Dodgers and Red Sox fading from the picture.

Sullivan has been covering the Rangers for nearly 20 years, so his sources are about as good as anyone's. He says the Rangers aren't willing to part with C.J. Wilson, who is on the Braves' wishlist. Ron Mahay isn't nearly as coveted, but Atlanta still could pick him up in a Teixeira deal, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia and more going the other way. The Angels are believed to be offering Casey Kotchman and more. The Rangers might be holding out for Ervin Santana as the second player.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates