will Tim Lincecum be shut down early? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

will Tim Lincecum be shut down early?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: will Tim Lincecum be shut down early?

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:04 pm

I agree. It's pointless to predict what's going to happen, and it's also pointless to make moves/non-moves based on pure speculation. I'm hanging onto Lincecum in both my keeper and re-draft leagues because I'm willing to take the gamble on him not being shut down during the fantasy playoffs. If he is, so be it. I'll live through it.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildbill » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:the fact is that nobody know anything.
And what does that have to do with what the Giants should do? That's the point of contention, not what they will do.

Syfo-Dyas wrote:this bickering is pointless.
So opinions are pointless? Interesting....
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:44 pm

wildbill wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:the fact is that nobody know anything.
And what does that have to do with what the Giants should do? That's the point of contention, not what they will do.

We could finish just about every thread on this forum with "Nobody know(s) anything. Case closed."

These forums aren't just for information -- there are many, MANY sources for information. These forums consist almost entirely of speculation and opinion, and that's where the value lies, in sharing speculation and opinion. If you get tired of it, move on to another topic.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby tecmobowl12 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:51 am

wildbill wrote:
like bwanna already said, private messages dood

what about the giant's manager, has he historically done this with rookies, or has he opined on the subject in general before? is colonel mustard in the library? the first two question might be useful but I don't really know how to go about finding it out

also i just found this from July 16:
Rotoworld wrote:The Giants currently have no plans to limit Tim Lincecum's innings this season.
"We'll see where we're at in September, but right now, we don't have any plans to monitor him or hold him back," manager Bruce Bochy said Sunday. Lincecum, who is in his first year at the major league level, is on pace to throw 190 professional innings (including 31 in the minors).
that sounds promising
edit i'm an idiot this was linked to on the first page.still seems like the only concrete stuff to go off. i'm buying
tecmobowl12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby thecrownjewels » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:51 am

I am already on record saying that I think the Giants will find a way to shut him down early. It is just too risky. If the Giants have any semblance of a clue, they will surely shut him down sometime in Sept. and play for '08. I would sell high to someone that is willing to take a chance, and get a proven vet in return for him. Conservative route, I know.
Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 pm
Only 3 HR and a .143 ISO from a first baseman in 118 AAA PA so far? Nice AVG but he's looking an awful lot like James Loney right now.
thecrownjewels
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:23 am

Although I don't think he'll be limited much, I still think it may be wise to trade him. You never know for sure and boy would it suck if it happened during the playoffs. Another thing that irks me is the lack of support around him. He could easily have won his last seven starts (including tonight) but has only 4 wins to show for it. That just drives me crazy! Reminds me of Peavy's problems down in San Diego. Guess I'm just upset but it is something you want to consider.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bretnsid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:10 pm

my current plan is to hold onto Lince this season. He will help me out for August for sure. No reason to trade him to another team (especially in a keeper) If anything, when September rolls around and hes shut down and you need a replacement, there should be at least something decent on the wire to grab. Either taht, or try to trade for an "extra pitcher". Dont trade lince, trade an Extra OF or Bench player you have for a pitcher as a backup plan. But that is still too much guess work - i'm keeping the kid
...somewhere, on other planets, actual "Beasts" are referring to each other as "Brauns."
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates