Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Beltran Injured

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 pm

Beltran is out indefinitely.

Link

Notes: Beltran out indefinitely
Outfielder still resting strained abdominal muscle
By Anthony DiComo / MLB.com

NEW YORK -- Turns out "X" really does mark the spot.

Carlos Beltran's stomach was covered with several tiny black X's on Friday night, visual markers of where the pain of his strained abdominal muscle was greatest.

Beltran wasn't expecting to play in either half of Saturday's doubleheader against Washington, and didn't rule out sitting out Sunday as well. He rode a stationary bicycle and worked with a medicine ball on Friday, and said he would attempt to do the rotational exercises on Saturday that the strain prevented him from performing the day before.

Mets manager Willie Randolph said that with an off-day on Monday, he could be more inclined to sit his slugger until then, effectively giving him a free day of rest.

"Whenever the guys get hurt, I don't go to them and put pressure on them," Randolph said. "Sometimes that can work adversely for you because I'm asking him every day to play. I'm trusting my training staff."

The Mets haven't established any hard timetable for his return, but also didn't place him on the disabled list when Moises Alou's return from injury on Friday gave them a prime opportunity to do just that. Beltran, for his part, said he's not worried, because the medical staff hasn't requested any tests or an MRI. For now, he remains day-to-day.

"I'm targeting when I feel good," Beltran said. "I can't say a day."
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates